Holland Village is one of our fave neighbourhoods in Singapore! Whether you want to live there or simply explore, our ultimate neighbourhood guide has the best restaurants, shops and services in HV and Chip Bee!
If you’re new to Singapore, or you simply don’t live in the Central part of the island, you might not be familiar with Holland Village, which is, in our estimation, one of the loveliest neighbourhoods in Singapore! You will truly find it all here – great restaurants and cafes, cute little neighbourhood shops and boutiques, and the convenience of EVERY bank (plus plenty of supermarkets and gyms to boot). It’s one of the few places in Singapore where you can get ALL of your errands done in one go, not to mention with its shophouses and traffic-free thoroughfares it’s totally charming and un-mall-like.
Beauty & Spa in Holland Village
Doctors and Dentists in Holland Village
Groceries & Supermarkets in Holland Village
Gyms & Fitness in Holland Village
Best Cafes in Holland Village
Holland Village Restaurants & Bars
Shoppings in Holland Village
A few fast facts:
Holland Village vs. Chip Bee Gardens: Technically these are two different neighbourhoods (the former is on the Western side of Holland Ave, the latter is on the Eastern side), but we consider both to be part of the greater Holland Village ‘hood. Chip Bee is leafier and more residential; Holland Village has bars, a hawker centre, and lots of other stuff.
Key streets and thoroughfares: Just about everything listed below is on either Holland Avenue, Jalan Merah Saga (Chip Bee), Lorong Liput or Lorong Mambong.
Transport & Parking: Holland Village has its own MRT stop on the Circle Line, is served by multiple bus lines, and generally offers plenty of parking (though due to construction the main surface lot off Lorong Liput has far fewer spaces than it used to). You’ll find garage spots in Holland Ave Shopping Centre (right below Cold Storage) and at Raffles Holland V (right across from each other on Holland Ave), and can usually snag metered street parking on the side streets in Chip Bee. There’s also a surface lot conveniently located next to the MRT station at Warna Road (it has ample bike parking, too), but be forewarned that this is usually pretty full.
Banks & ATMs: One of the things we love most about HV is that it has ATMs from just about every bank in Singapore – and they’re all lined up next to each other on Holland Ave.
Playgrounds: If you’re in Holland Village with the kiddos and they need to get the wiggles out, there are two cute HDB playgrounds on either side of Holland Ave; one is just behind the Block 12 bus stop, and the other is basically right across from there.
Post office: Just about the only thing missing from HV when we’re running our errands is a post office. Note that there’s a mailbox on Holland Avenue in front of the HDB (across from the Cold Storage taxi stand), but the closest post offices are at Ghim Moh and Tanglin.
Read on for our top picks in Holland Village, and if you think we’ve missed a hidden gem, let us know at [email protected]!
Beauty & Spa
- Cecilia Westberry: Using legendary French skincare brand Biologique Recherch in their treatments, this go-to offers everything from classic deep cleansing to micro-needle treatments, with facial prices starting at $150.
Blk 6, Holland Close, #01-20, Singapore 271006, Tel: (+65) 9271 9422
- EstheClinic: Home to a bevvy of aesthetics and hair removal treatments!
3 Lorong Liput, #02-02 Holland Piazza, Singapore 277725
- The Nailist: This reliable spot for mani-pedis has two HV locations (the original in Holland Shopping Centre, the newer, brighter location across the road at Raffles Holland V). We prefer the latter, but it’s smaller so be sure to call ahead for an appointment.
211 Holland Ave, #03-31/32 Holland Road Shopping Centre, Singapore 278967
118 Holland Ave, #03-03 Raffles Holland V, Singapore 278997
- Serenity Cove: Head here for manicures and pedicures with tea and biscuits (fun mama and daughter bonding time!). They also do foot massages.
211 Holland Ave, #03-43/44 Holland Road Shopping Centre, Singapore 278967
- Strip/Browhaus: The ubiquitous waxing chain has a location on the second floor of a shophouse, with friendly staff, clean facilities and dependable service.
34C Lorong Mambong (Level 2), Holland Village, Singapore 277691
- Sweeny’s: We hear this is the place to go for a boy’s haircut, with experienced barbers and reasonable prices (they offer plenty of ladies’ services, too!).
211 Holland Avenue, #03-28 Holland Road Shopping Centre, Singapore 278967
- Yen’s: Hit up this shop for a fab head massage or blow dry ($25+) that won’t break the bank!
211 Holland Ave, #03-38 Holland Road Shopping Centre, Singapore 278967
Doctors and Dentists
- My Braces Clinic: Whether you or your kiddo need to straighten out some teeth, My Braces Clinic offers a wide range of solutions. They also address related conditions including sleep apnea, jaw surgery, and tooth replacement.
43 Jalan Merah Saga, #01-80, Chip Bee Gardens, Singapore 278115
- Silver Cross Family Clinic: This walk-in medical clinic has great opening hours (8am to midnight) for when your kids need the doctor at inconvenient times. We have taken the kids to see Dr Wee (call ahead to see if he is on shift) and like how he is not pushy with antibiotics and has helpful advice. Plus much better prices than a paediatrician. Some of our helpers like doing their medical check-ups at Silver Cross, as well.
275A Holland Avenue, Singapore 278993
- Raffles Medical: Talk about a one-stop-shop! This state-of-the-art, multi-story building offers family medicine, radiology, general health screening, dental services, TCM, and specialists (including paediatrics, OBGYN and skin/aesthetics) in a much cosier atmosphere than what you’d find in a hospital. We’ve also taken out-of-town visitors to the walk-in clinic and they were very impressed by the prompt service and fair prices.
118 Holland Avenue, Raffles Holland V, Level 5, Singapore 278997
- Royce Dental Surgery: We hear great things about Dr. Gladys Lim, who was trained and educated in the U.S. and has a reputation for being extremely gentle with nervous little ones.
8A Lorong Mambong, Singapore 277674
- SmilePoint Dental Centre:This family dental clinic in Chip Bee Gardens has a super convenient location (is it ok to treat kids with an ice cream cone from next door right after a dental appointment?).
43 Jalan Merah Saga, #01-64, Singapore 278115
Groceries & Supermarkets in Holland Village
- Cold Storage: We’ll never turn our noses up at a 24-hour supermarket, though the selection is smaller than other nearby outlets like Cluny Court or Jelita.
211 Holland Ave, #01-02, 04, 05 Holland Shopping Centre, Singapore 278967
- Holland Village Wet Market: This is our go-to for well-priced fresh fruits and veggies. You’ll also find a flower stall, Indian spices, and fresh meat and seafood. Check out nearby Ghim Moh for a larger selection — we hear it’s got a great butcher!
1 Lorong Mambong, Singapore 277700
- Little Farms: This neighbourhood grocer has all manner of lovely fruits and veggies, fancy yoghurts, gourmet nibbles, and yummy juices (plus maybe the best kombucha selection in Singers?). There’s also a nice on-site cafe with great coffee.
No. 3 Lorong Liput, #01-04/05/06 Holland Piazza, Singapore 277725
- Phoon Huat: For a huge range of baking equipment and ingredients, plus affordable bulk buy nuts, seeds, flours and cheese and baking ingredients. Head over on Sunday or Wednesday for a 10% discount!
44 Jalan Merah Saga, #01-48 Chip Bee Gardens, Singapore 278116
- Taste Singapore: This gourmet market specialises in nice produce, fresh meats and seafood. We dare you to find better tasting (and more affordable — $4.95 for 3 at time of writing!) avocados in Singapore. We also love their fresh oysters, which can be eaten there or taken home for a special treat!
118 Holland Avenue, Level B1, Singapore 278997
Gyms & Fitness
- F45: Certain members of Team Sassy are obsessed with this ever-changing, 45-minute total body workout that focuses on high-intensity intervals.
22A Lorong Mambong, Singapore 277681
- Freedom Yoga: This bright and airy studio offers a wide variety of classes throughout the day. They must be pretty great, because they also run retreats at Sassy Mama fave Rosewood Phuket!
25E Lorong Liput, Singapore 277736
- Ilies Soma Pilates: This studio in Chip Bee offers both private and group reformer classes, and also features topnotch Gyrotonic equipment.
43 Jalan Merah Saga, Singapore 278115
- Om Shiva Yoga: One of Singapore’s longest established yoga studios, Om Shiva offers a HUGE range of classes, including Prenatal, kids’ yoga and Mommy & Me classes.
45 Jalan Rumia, Chip Bee Gardens, Singapore 278000
- Ritual: Known as “The 20-minute workout,” Ritual combines short, sharp HIIT movements to get you in and out of the gym in just half an hour. We’ve been quite pleased with the results, and their shakes are yum, too.
7b Lorong Liput, #02-01, Singapore 277747
- Virgin Active: We’re huge fans of this gym chain, which offers topnotch equipment and fab group classes including spinning, HIIT, yoga, dance and more. The cosy HV location is the rare gym where you don’t have to pay extra for Pilates reformer classes!
118 Holland Avenue, #03-05 Raffles Holland V, Singapore 278997
Ice Cream & Cafes
- Baker & Cook: It’s no secret we love these community-oriented bakeries, but the Chip Bee Gardens location just might be our fave (though Dempsey could give it a run for its money!). Whether a weekday afternoon or a brunchtastic weekend morning (they open bright and early at 7am), this place is always buzzing both inside and out (and we love how dog-friendly they are, too!).
44 Jalan Merah Saga,#01-56 Chip Bee Gardens, Singapore 278116
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf: If this mega-chain is your go-to, you can find ‘em in HV. They stay open real late (til 2am) most days, too!
10 Lor Mambong, Singapore 277675
- Da Paolo Gastronomia: We love the grab-and-go hot foods, the make-your-own protein bowls, and of course the delectable pastries at this gourmet Italian cafe that always has plenty of high chairs to go around. NB: Da Paolo Pizza Bar around the corner in Chip Bee is yum as well!
118 Holland Avenue, Raffles Holland V, #01-06, Singapore 278997
- The Daily Scoop: It’s a little on the pricey side, but this colorful kid fave offers up heaps of flavors (everything from chendol to whiskey walnut!) that make it a true crowd pleaser.
43 Jalan Merah Saga, #01-78 Chip Bee Gardens, Singapore 278115
- EGA Juice Clinic: Green juice lovers and religious juice cleansers, rejoice! EGA (it’s age in reverse, get it?) recently opened up a new outlet in Holland Village.
3 Lorong Liput, B1-03 Holland Piazza, Singapore 277725
- Island Creamery: A relatively new addition to HV, this chainlet stalwart serves up locally-flavored flavors like Teh Tarik, Horlick’s, Soursop, Tiger Sorbet and of course…Durian.
19 Lorong Liput, Singapore 277732
- Project Açai: Follow the after-school crowd of teenagers from UWC and ACS International and score yourself a delicious smoothie or superfoods bowl at this super popular cafe.
27 Lorong Liput, Singapore 277738
- Starbucks: Conveniently located right on Holland Ave, this Starbucks is so spacious it’s actually got an upstairs! It opens at 7am, too.
255 Holland Avenue, Singapore 278983
- Sunday Folks: We’ve had to wait an inordinate amount of time for an ice cream cone at this Insta-fave dessert shop in Chip Bee, but the soft serve, homemade cones and waffles are pretty yummy (if also a pretty penny).
44 Jalan Merah Saga, Chip Bee Gardens #01-52, Singapore 278116
- Tiong Bahru Bakery: We go back and forth on who has the better sourdough bread between these guys and Baker & Cook, so you can imagine our delight when TBB opened an HV location right down the street from them in Chip Bee! In addition to their killer croissants, you’ll also find TBB’s only “express window” for quick coffees and takeaways. They also have outdoor seating for doggies.
43 Jalan Merah Saga, #01-74, Singapore 278115
Holland Village Restaurants & Bars
- Cha Cha Cha: To be honest it’s kind of interchangeable with El Patio right next door, but we like the food (let’s call it Mexican-ish) here just a touch better.
32 Lorong Mambong, Singapore 277690
- Crystal Jade Kitchen: Given how convenient Holland Village is we’re kind of shocked that a Din Tai Fung hasn’t opened up yet, but until then we’re happy to settle for the Xiao Long Bao and La Mian at this fuss-free hotspot.
2 Lorong Mambong, Holland Village, Singapore 277671
- Haakon Superfoods & Juice: If you’re after a smoothie, poké bowl or salad, head to this Scandinavian-inflected resto for a variety of healthy, hyggeriffic options.
Raffles Holland Village #01-03, 118 Holland Avenue, Singapore 278997
- Kotobuki: Singapore is lousy with Japanese restaurants, but this long-standing chain (started way back in 1981!) serves up particularly authentic cuisine that won’t break the bank.
273 Holland Avenue, # 01-01 Holland Village, Singapore 278992
- Nakhon Kitchen: There’s, like, never not a line outside this super popular, no-frills Thai restaurant renowned for cheap, spicy food.
27A Lorong Liput, Singapore 277738
- Oporto: If you like chicken, you could do worse than this Aussie import that serves up lots of yummy grilled options at wallet-friendly prices.
No. 3 Lorong Liput, #01-01 Holland Piazza, Singapore 277739
- Original SIN: This Mediterranean-flavored, vegetarian resto in Chip Bee has fab pastas, a killer set lunch menu ($25++ for drink, salad and main), and a well-priced kids’ menu as well.
43 Jalan Merah Saga, #01-62 Chip Bee Gardens, Singapore 278115
Pizza Express: We all rejoiced when this British pizza fave came to Singapore a few years back; the HV location spans two stories and is always buzzing with lots of families. Thank goodness they deliver, too!
251 Holland Avenue, Singapore 278981
Tai Cheong Bakery: If you like egg tarts, head to this Hong Kong import to nosh on some truly delicious dim sum.
31 Lorong Liput, Singapore 277742
- Sens Sushi & Grill: This teeny Japanese spot within Taste serves up super yummy sushi, sashimi, and grilled meats. Definitely worth a grocery shopping detour.
118 Holland Ave, #B1-12/13 Raffles Holland V Mall, Singapore 278997
Sushi Tei: You’ll find a massive outlet of one of Singapore’s favorite sushi restos on the third floor of Raffles Holland V — just look for the queues and you’ll know you’re in the right place.
118 Holland Ave, #03-04 Raffles Holland V Mall, Singapore 278997
Shopping in Holland Village
- Bynd Artisan: If you’re after a really special gift – personalized leather goods or custom notebooks, say – then this beautiful little shop in Chip Bee is where you should go.
44 Jalan Merah Saga, #01-54 Chip Bee Gardens, Singapore 278116
- The Cinnamon Room: Run by former That Mama Visha Nelson, The Cinnamon Room features a gorgeous array of colorful home decor, including rugs, lamps, trays and side tables.
43 Jalan Merah Saga, #02-74 Chip Bee Gardens, Singapore 278115
- Decathlon: Not the biggest outlet for this sporting goods behemoth, but they’ve got all the basics (swimming accessories, bike helmets, backpacks, etc.) and you can order bigger items (like bikes) to pick up the very same day!
249 Holland Avenue, Singapore 278981
- Lim’s: If you’re after beautiful Peranakan ceramics, lanterns, parasols, or anything else that seems to scream “Singapore!”, Lim’s is your place. (Not to be confused with Lim’s Uniforms down the hall at 02-18, the go-to for school uniforms both local and international!)
211 Holland Avenue #02-01, Holland Road Shopping Centre, Singapore 278967
- Party City: Whether you need some silly props for a costume party or are in a panic about ordering helium balloons for your kiddo’s birthday party, Party City has got you covered. Note that they do deliver balloons, it’ll just cost you $27 a trip.
#277A Holland Avenue, Level 2, Singapore 278994
- Ong Shunmugam: Perhaps Singapore’s most internationally acclaimed homegrown label (their cheongsams sell out faster than you can say Huat Ah!) Ong Shunmugam actually has their atelier right in Chip Bee (by appointment only, dahling).
43 Jalan Merah Saga, 01-76 Chip Bee Gardens, Singapore 278115
- PariSilk: Whether you’re in the market for a new TV or tea kettle, or your washing machine or fridge has died and you desperately need a new one, this electronics emporium should be able to help you out.
17B Lorong Liput, #01-01 Parisilk Building, Singapore 277747
- Ten Feet Tall: Always a staple in our back to school guide, this kids’ shoe store founded by two mamas offers excellent measuring and fitting to ensure kiddos’ school shoes fit properly. They’ve also got a nice selection of ASICS kids’ sneakers, and happily accept pre-loved shoe donations to help needy school kids around Southeast Asia.
02-16 Holland Road Shopping Centre, 211 Holland Avenue, Singapore 278967
- Variware Hardware Store: We’ll be forever indebted to the kind uncle here who lent us a pair of bolt cutters that time our bicycle lock wouldn’t budge; this neighborhood hardware store has all the tools, gadgets and gizmos you could want.
211 Holland Avenue, #02-31, Holland Road Shopping Centre, Singapore 278967