Father’s Day 2020 is just around the corner (21 June)! No matter what sort of dad Papa is, we’ve got a Father’s Day gift to suit him!
Is your partner one of those men who’s impossible to buy gifts for? Never fear, mamas – check out our Father’s Day gift guide to please every sort of papa. We’ve categorized our gifts by category – Foodie Dads, Techie Dads, Sporty Dads etc. – with a special focus on local merchants to ensure you can get gifts quickly and support local businesses, ensuring a happy Father’s Day in Singapore for all!
And don’t forget to check out our Father’s Day 2020 Dining Guide for all the best Singapore restaurants deliveries and takeaways!
Father’s Day Gifts for Foodie Dads
Father’s Day Gifts for Drinking Dads
Father’s Day Gifts for Stylish Dads
Father’s Day Gifts for Sporty Dads
Father’s Day Gifts for Tech-Loving Dads
Father’s Day Gifts for Crafty & Musical Dads
Whether Dad’s a grillmaster, a gourmand or a budding baker, he’ll love these foodie gifts:
- Steak from Huber’s: You’d be hard pressed to find finer meat (and a wider variety of cuts and preparations) anywhere on the island – not to mention they deliver! If Dad loves to BBQ, hit up Huber’s immediately (and check out their expert grilling tips here!). Of course you can also pair up the food with their extensive selection of beers, wines and spirits, and they’ve got plenty of complementary cooking ingredients like Swiss Apple Balsamic Vinegar, truffle honey, umami paste, local spices, gourmet cheeses…the list goes on and on!
- Grammi Wholesome Italian: Is Papa a pasta lover? Whether he loves to cook or would prefer to have a Michelin-Starred meal delivered, be sure to check out Grammi, a new grocery, restaurant and drinks concept from Michelin Chef Beppe De Vito. And be sure to use promo code GRAMMI20 to get 20% off during the month of June!
- Baking Kits from Maison Eric Kayser: If your hubby is one of those dudes who got super into baking bread during the Circuit Breaker, Maison Kayser has you covered with all the necessary ingredients to take Dad’s bread to the next level, including sourdough starter, fancy French bread flour, and instant yeast.
- Organic Vege Box from Avo & Co.: Help Dad cook with the freshest, healthiest ingredients and get him a subscription box for organic veggies (from $90). We love that Avo & Co. is working to add locally-grown Singapore organic veggies into their boxes, too!
Maybe Dad isn’t fussed about food but takes great care with his tipples? Here’s some top-notch libation inspo:
- Fancy cocktails & Drink Hamper: Manhattan Bar at The Regent is delivering five 100ml classic cocktails in handsome individual bottles for just $92.52. We love that they’re also offering Father-Son Zoom Cocktail Sessions including shakers and mixers (from $45). Or splash out with the luxe “Dad’s Exclusive Collection” Hamper ($700) featuring Taittinger Brut Champagne, Barolo Giacomo Fenocchio, Solera Aged Negroni, Makers Mark (750ml) & gourmet nuts. Free delivery on orders over $100!
- Sleek Home Bar Essentials: Has Dad upped his cocktail-making game during the Circuit Breaker? Why not reward him with some sophisticated bar accessories from one of our fave local homewares shops, Maissone? We particularly love the Golden Corkscrew ($29) and Walter Bar Cart ($580), and are intrigued by the Seedlip Non-Alcoholic Spirit ($70)!
For the natty Dads out there, because staying home is no excuse not to look good…
- Handcrafted leather wallet from 72 Smalldive, a very cool local brand that makes timeless Italian leather accessories in collaboration with various artisan workshops in Milan, Italy and Alicante, Spain for the highest quality and traditional craftsmanship. Dads will love their wallets, which come in multiple sizes and are well priced at between $100-$130. We also think their leather belts are quite sharp!
- Copperline Face Mask: Is Papa particular about facemasks? We’re digging this stylish 3-layered anti-bacterial face mask with 99% filtration capabilities that’s made from eco-textiles, and includes patented ionized copper yarn to enhance its antibacterial and sterilizing properties. Find it for $45.90 (or use 5,737 miles) at KrisShop!
- Bulldog Original Bamboo Razor: Named “Best Green Razor” by Men’s Health in its 2019 Grooming Awards, this affordable, eco-friendly razor features a natural bamboo handle and brushed metal head, and comes with two refill cartridges of 5-tempered steel blades. It’s also got a pivoting design for a smooth, comfortable shave. Find it for $24 at SGPomades.com (which has lots of other fab men’s grooming products on offer!).
Did Dad jump on the fitness train during the Circuit Breaker? Here are a few ways to support his healthy habits!
- High-tech activewear: Whether it’s for working out in Singapore’s sweaty climate, or just lounging around the house, we love the cool, breathable, quick-drying DRY-EX fabric from Uniqlo (Crew Neck T-Shirt is just $19.90, with kids’ sizes if Pop likes twinning). And any yoga dad is bound to love the high-tech, quick-drying Ultra Stretch Active Jogger Pants ($29.90).
- Mindful Thoughts for Cyclists: If Dad’s a cycling enthusiast, he’s sure to love this meditative tome that celebrates the simple joy, meditative wonder and spiritual enrichment of cycling. The book includes a series of focused meditations connecting cycling to the practice of mindful awareness, both on and off the road. Find it for $12.95 at My Cat Socrates.
- When We Were Kings: The Golden Era of Singapore Rugby: Did you know Singapore defeated the mighty All Blacks of New Zealand in 1978? Or that they won the Malaysian Rugby Union Cup? This book from local publisher Epigram tracks the decade from 1972-1982 with first-person accounts from coaches, players and others. And if you use promo code DAD, you’ll get 20% off your purchase! Click here for a range of other fun Father’s Day books (with free shipping on orders over $35)!
- Fitbit on Sale: If you’ve been thinking of pulling the trigger on a smart watch, Fitbit has slashed prices on a number of their most popular models in Singapore right up through 21 June. The Ionic (priced at $348, U.P. $428) has a high-tech sensor for ace sleep tracking and top-notch GPS, along with on-device dynamic workouts and even on-wrist mobile payment. The classic Fitbit Inspire HR is also on sale for $128 (U.P. $158) with fitness tracking and a heart rate monitor.
They don’t call them big boys’ toys for nothing! We know plenty of papas will love playing with these gadgets…
- JJRC Drone: Every time we do a gift guide, drone technology seems to have improved and prices come down (not that we’re complaining). This JJRC foldable drone ($112 at Amazon) includes a 1080P HD camera and is ideal for beginners if Dad is just dabbling with drone technology.
- Phone Stabilizer: If Dad’s developed a penchant for taking videos during the stay-home period, help him take his filmmaking to the next level with the popular Zhiyun Smooth Stabilizer ($69 on Lazada), which is compatible with either iPhone or Android and creates smooth, stable footage in a compact, portable package.
- Nintendo Switch Lite: If Dad deserves a new video game console, the Nintendo Switch is a family-friendly hybrid game console that can be…switched between hand-held or a stationary game system settings (the Lite is perfectly designed for handheld play). This price from Amazon ($321) is really good, too!
For dads who like to get creative with their hands, look no further…
- Acoustic Guitar: Maybe Dad picked up a new hobby, or all the time at home has inspired him to? The Cort Admini-OP Acoustic Guitar from Swee Lee ($169) gets great reviews for beginners (it’s ¾ sized, so also ideal for women and kids!) and even comes with its own bag. And for instruction, one of our colleagues who worked on guitar during the Circuit Breaker highly recommends Guitar Tricks for free online lessons!
- Wireless Noise-Cancelling Earbuds: Earbuds are all the rage these days, but if you’re not psyched about shelling out for pricey Apple ones, these Sony Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphones ($275 on Amazon) get excellent reviews.
- Tombalek Home Woodworking: Dad doesn’t even need a workshop to get handy at home, as these local woodworking wizards provide everything from tools, to wood supplies, to online video instruction! If Dad wants to challenge himself to build a box, or furniture, this is a great place to start (with prices from as little as $20). They offer metalworking and blacksmith instruction, too, including subsidized SkillsFuture classes!
- Photo Jigsaw Puzzle: We’ve been doing jigsaw puzzles like crazy during the stay-home period. Why not gift Dad with a personalized family photo puzzle (we bet it’ll get the kids extra interested, too!). Photobook Singapore has a huge range of customizable templates (including ones for Father’s Day), priced from $28.90 for 120 pieces.
Read more: Adult Hobbies in Singapore