Join us for the first ever Sassy Mama Helper Awards, happening on Saturday, 1 October at The Pantry at Loewen Gardens!
Have you nominated your helper for our Helper of the Year Awards yet, mama? Nominations will close next week on 23 September in time for us to announce the winners at our awards ceremony on Saturday, 1 October. We hope you’ll join us to celebrate; you can RSVP in the form below!
In the meantime, here’s everything you need to know about the event at The Pantry, including all the fun family-friendly activities and the prizes we’ll have for every helper in attendance.
Where: The Pantry, 75 Loewen Road, Singapore 248844. There’s plenty of free street parking nearby at Loewen Gardens, as well as at Dempsey Hill and Minden Road.
When: Saturday 1 October, from 3pm – 4:30pm.
What: The awards will be a chance for families to celebrate their helpers who they have nominated for awards. The amazing women of Littleones Photography have kindly donated their time and talent to attend the event and are super excited to photograph helpers and families (the photos will be made available free of charge for download from Facebook following the event).
Every helper in attendance will receive a personalised award certificate, along with a goodie bag including prizes from the following sponsors:
- $20 voucher from ALT Pizza
- Sophisca classic chocolates in assorted flavours
- Tissues courtesy of AWARE
- $20 gift voucher from beauty portal Vaniday
- Two Tencel Face Masks from Guardian
The Pantry will be providing yummy sweet treats and drinks, and we’ll also have lots of fun activities for kids, including:
- A pop-up playground sponsored by Chapter Zero
- Music appreciation from Play with Mozart
- Play on the adjacent White Lodge playground and trampoline
Just to recap, we’ll be giving out awards in the following four categories:
- Childcare Award
- Pet Lover Award
- Master Chef Award
- Helper of the Year (this overall award will be chosen from amongst nominees in the other three categories)
- 4 pairs of Sudio Sweden headphones worth $165 each
- 4 Flower bouquets for top prize winners from Sophie @ Wild for Flowers
- 4 Schwarzkopf Packs with shampoo, treatments and serums from Expat Hair Studio worth $180 each
- 4 Gift vouchers for shampoo, stylecut, blowdry and a Kevin Murphy Express in-salon treatment also from Expat Hair Studio worth $142
- 4 sets of Full eye exam (worth $80) and a pair of Smarty Sunglasses (worth $120) each from The Lens Men worth a total of $200
- 4 copies of A Helping Hand cookbook in English and Tagalog
- A $150 Botaneco Health and Beauty Hamper from Guardian for Helper of the Year
- Helpers workshop (Healthy Family, Healthy Kids or Healthy Entertaining) hosted by Carrotsticks and Cravings & Health and Vitality for Helper of the Year
- For the Helper of the Year, a “Bespoke Photography Experience” including professional hair and makeup and a styled portrait photoshoot from White Frangipani Photography worth $490
Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges including board members from AIDHA, AWARE and HOME along with the Sassy Mama editorial team, and announced at the event. For those who don’t attend the event, we will be happy to email you a printable PDF of your helper’s nomination certificate.
Thank you so much to everyone who’s sent in a nomination so far, and a huge shoutout to our wonderfully generous sponsors. We hope to see you all on October 1, mamas! Gift bags are limited to the first 150 helpers, though, so make sure you RSVP ASAP!