As Covid-19 continues and we move into Phase 2, support local businesses with discounts on activities, food and shopping deals while having fun and staying safe
The circuit breaker may have ended, but COVID-19 continues to impact everyday life in Singapore, from the ubiquity of face masks (or face shields) to the continued closure of the playgrounds at our fave kid-friendly restaurants. There are plenty of offers in the meantime, though, from membership discounts to restaurant promo codes. Stay tuned as we continue to update this list; we’ve also rounded up some of our favorite online learning resources and offers.
Since more outlets and services are gradually coming back online during Phase 2, it’s best to bookmark gov.sg for a running list of what IS and ISN’T allowed on any given day!
Audible – the world’s largest producer of spoken word entertainment and audiobooks – has announced that kids can stream free for as long as schools are closed. This includes a massive selection of stories across six different languages. So if you’re working from home and could use a screen free break, mama, have the kiddos settle down for storytime (at a quick glance we saw classics like Winnie the Pooh, Peter Rabbit, and Harry Potter). Audible can be streamed for free on desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
Canopy Park at Jewel Changi Airport has heaps of fun activities for kids, including bouncing nets, a hedge maze and foggy bowls. For a limited time get 3 free months of unlimited fun with two different family bundles priced from $54 for adults and $39 for kids. That almost works out to the usual cost of a single ticket for all the attractions included in the deal! Valid for purchase through 10 August 2020.
Golden Village has a fab deal in honour of National Day 2020: You can get $5.50 off the purchase of two or movie tickets at GV.com or on the iGV app when you use promo code GVNDP2020. Valid at all GV locations (except GV @ Capitol) through 20 November 2020; see website for full Ts & Cs.
Night Safari finally re-opens on 30 July and to celebrate there’s a special promotion where you can get 50% off tickets through 31 October — but you must purchase by 31 July! Enter promo code NSWILD50OFF when you check out online. You can also get $55 off a Friends of Wildlife annual membership when you purchase by 31 July. Enter promo code WRSFOW55 at this link.
One Faber Group is offering up to 55% off the price of popular attractions like the Cable Car, Wings of Time and Sentosa Bus Tour, along with perks for dining at its lovely restaurant Arbora. Click the link for al the deets!
National Gallery, Singapore is currently offering FREE 1-Year ‘Gallery Insider’ membership (worth up to $120 in value) for Singaporean and PR families. The annual membership programme includes unlimited and priority access to all exhibitions, and up to 15% discounts on dining and shopping. Promotion valid through 31 October 2020.
Sentosa Island thankfully opened back up on 19 June (at least, the beaches, nature trail, and some restaurants did), and through 30 September (extended from June!) there’s free admission to the Sentosa Express, and cars can also enter the island for free (waiving the regular $6 toll).
Singapore River One – a collective of restaurants and hotels across Boat Quay, Clarke Quay, and Robertson Quay – has just introduced the SR Voucher, which offers up to a 30% discount off the voucher value (e.g. pay $70 for a $100 voucher). The SR Voucher is valid for a year after purchase, and comes in $20 denominations. We love that these can be used at a number of our favourite outdoor restaurants in Singapore!
Skyline Luge at Sentosa is saying a big ‘thank you’ to healthcare workers, who can redeem 2 free rides, a free photo pack and a free ice lolly anytime through 30 September 2020 (just present your valid health care ID at the ticket desk). In addition, they’ve launched a new “Luge Play” annual pass at just $40 that includes two free rides followed by unlimited rides at $5 each, along with 25% off other combos and some other limited-time goodies. Visit the link for other re-opening promotions!
Snow City is always a hit with our tropical kiddos, and for a limited time you can get 30% off the cost of both 1-hour and 2-hour Snowplay sessions! That brings the ticket cost down to as little as $8.40 for child! The promotion is valid through 30 September 2020.
Waka Waka is one of our very favourite indoor playgrounds in Singapore, and now that they’re newly re-opened (with plenty of COVID safety measures in place), they’re offering almost 50% off the regular price of 6-visit memberships! For a limited time, pay just $80 (U.P.: $158). Regular admission tickets are also priced at $18 instead of the regular $23 for a limited time!
Amazon.sg is having a National Day Sale from 3-9 August with up to 55% off cool products across the site and an additional $5 off $55 purchases on limited deals. Among our faves: 20% off Jomingo, recently featured in our roundup of the best natural deodorants in Singapore!
Cathay Malls (including both The Cathay and Cineleisure on Orchard) has come out with a variety of promotions to welcome back customers. Spend a minimum of just $20 and you’ll get a free $5 e-voucher through the Cathay App. There’s also a promo code for $5 off food orders at Cathay restaurants, and 40% off the price of mall e-vouchers.
EstheClinic is our go-to for painless and effective hair removal. Now that beaches and pools are open again, it’s a must-visit! For a limited time their full range of body contouring treatments are 60% off. Click the link for deets!
EZ-Link has introduced a fun series of National Day ez-link cards developed in partnership with the Singapore Red Cross and the Singapore Kindness Movement. Besides getting cute limited-time designs, you can also feel good about the fact that EZ-Link will donate $50,000 in card sales proceeds to the Singapore Red Cross to support vulnerable communities including the isolated elderly, families in need, and persons with severe disabilities.
Flower Addict, one of our fave florists in Singapore, is still delivering throughout the Circuit Breaker. What better way to brighten your day (or that of a friend) than with a gorgeous burst of color and life? Use promo code ADDICTED to take $10 off your first order; just be sure to place orders well in advance because we hear business is blooming!
Jewel Changi Airport is delighted to welcome back customers to its retail shops, awesome restaurants and Canopy Park. To celebrate they’re offering perks like free one-hour parking (with a $10 minimum spend), $10 cashback with a minimum spend of $80, and the ‘Save 2xGST’ promotion where GST is absorbed plus you get another 7% off with a minimum spend of $30.
Do you have KrisFlyer miles expiring? There’s no better time to head to KrisShop, which is offering up to 60% off on over 400 deals ranging from beauty, to electronics, to toys and homewares, with free shipping on orders $50 and above. Plus KrisFlyer members will earn 1.5 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 spent.
Our Art Studio, a great online source for arts & crafts supplies, is offering free delivery for orders over $150, as well as a 5% discount with no minimum spend when you use the promo code OAS5OFF.
Scribolo, which makes maybe the coolest coloring sheets we’ve ever seen (they’re Singapore-themed!), is offering Sassy Mama readers a 10% discount. Just use promo code SASSYPERK at checkout; they offer free delivery in Singapore and also ship internationally!
Grammi is a new online grocery, restaurant and drinks concept from Michelin Chef Beppe De Vito. Grab yourself a 10% discount with the promo code GRAMMI10.
Marina Bay Sands most popular celebrity chef restaurants – including Black Tap, Bread Street Kitchen by Gordon Ramsay, CUT by Wolfgang Puck, Mott 32, and Yardbird Southern Table & Bar – re-opened to diners on 27 June! MBS’s other popular dining outlets have also progressively re-opened throughout July; also keep an eye out for the all-new Gourmet Takeaway platform, which will launched with dishes from all of MBS’s best eateries and has great perks and discounts for Sands Rewards LifeStyle members.
Oddle Eats is a new personalised food directory featuring over 500 restaurants in Singapore. The highlight is that you can order directly from restaurants without middlemen or hidden costs.
PastaMania is always a kid crowd-pleaser; for the month of July they’re offering 20% off ALL pastas every Monday to Thursday, from 2-5pm. This applies to takeaways and deliveries, too!
Raffles Singapore is offering a “3+1 Dining” promotion where four people can dine for the price of three at outlets like The Tiffin Room, The Grand Lobby, Butcher’s Block and 藝yì by Jereme Leung. Diners will also get 25% off beverages at participating restaurants. Valid through 30 September 2020; click here for details.
Tea Lounge at Regent Singapore has one of our fave afternoon teas in Singapore, and for a limited time if you have tea with a friend you can get 50% off the second weekday afternoon tea set (U.P. $47). There’s also a $10 discount promo for the popular Weekend High Tea! Use promo code RSTLD2ND when booking weekdays, and RSTL58 for weekends when booking on the website.
Yakiniku Plaza by S Foods is the world’s #1 Wagyu & Kobe Beef Exporter from Japan (we’ve had it, and it is soooo oishii!). Through 31 July, use promo code NICE2MEATU to get $12 off your total bill with a minimum spend of $80 (plus free delivery for orders over $100). The restaurant is also offering 15% off popular items like Hokkaido Pork Loin Steak, Wagyu Burger, and Wagyu Premium Karubi.
Sentosa also has a whole range of restaurant deals this summer, including heaps of 1-for-1 offers. Our top pick: 1-for-1 gelato and a free main course with three mains purchased at Coastes, one of our fave outdoor dining restaurants in Singapore!
Hooray, the kids can finally leave the house! Check out our list of exclusive promos and discount codes just for Sassy Mama readers:
- Camp Asia is a firm favourite on the summer camps scene; use promo code SASSY10 for a 10% discount off fees!
- Coding Lab is 10% off all online classes for children 7 to 18 with promo code UNITEDWECODE.
- The Creative Square Company‘s entrepreneurship camps for kids ages 10 to 16 features promo code Sassy10.
- Karate Nation is offering 5% off its martial arts camps for kids ages 4-12 with promo code #Sassymama.
- Maker Camp has lots of fun robotics, LEGO and coding camps for kids. Mention Sassy Mama to get 10% off camp fees!
- Newton Show camps are a blast for kiddos with fun, hands-on science experiments. And Sassy Mama readers get 10% off!
- Nullspace Centre for Robotics Learning has all sorts of coding and robotics camps for kids from the age of 6. New parents signing up for the first time can get 10% off with promo code Sassy2020!
- ProActiv Sports offers a huge range of sports camps for kiddos aged 3 to 12; use promo code #Sassymama for a 10% discount, plus get additional referral, sibling, and multi-camp discounts!
- Tribe Kids Virtual Ukulele Bootcamp offers fun at-home music and singing for kiddos, and the first 100 customers to quote promo code SASSY10 get a 10% discount!
- ArtScience Museum opens back up on 1 July (with limited admission), but in the meantime they’ve got heaps of online resources including craft tutorials (every Friday fortnightly), Online Talks and performances from musicians and performing artists on the third Thursday of each month.
- NParks’s Gardening with Edibles initiative sends you a free gardening kit with seeds to grow your own veg! Sign up to redeem FREE seed packets for your household and check out the NParksSG YouTube channel for useful how-to videos!
- KidsSTOP Singapore has cool, helpful weekly instructional videos (20 in total!) with its online series Science o’Clock Junior: Pepper’s Lab.
- National Library Board has weekly virtual storytelling sessions for children in English, Malay, Chinese and Tamil — check Facebook for more details.
- Playeum has a free 45-minute session every Friday at 3pm on Instagram, where kids are encouraged to take charge of their own maker projects at home!
- Science Centre Singapore’s fun and engaging Little Footprints Fun STEM Kit is available for the bargain price of $5 for 4-8 year olds to make at home.
- National Gallery, Singapore has created a dedicated kids’ website, Gallery Kids where you can explore paintings from around Southeast Asia, listen to tales from animated storytellers and make your own (digital) splat paintings with My INK-credible Adventure inspired by Yeo Shih Yun. You can also take a virtual tour of the gallery’s collections through Google Arts & Culture.
- SRT’s The Little Company has introduced its Playhouse of Theatrical Activities online with fun weekly ideas and activities for kids. There are lots of activities drawing on characters and scenes from SRT’s past productions! Cut out stick puppets, download colouring sheets, check out drama games for older kids, be a journalist for a day and more!
- Find even more fun stay-home activities here to stay stimulated and engaged this summer!
This list will be updated as more information becomes available; please let us know if you have an offer to add!
Lead image via Getty. Marina Bay Sands image via Facebook.