As Covid-19 continues and we move into Phase 2, support local businesses with discounts on activities, food and staycation in Singapore deals while having fun and staying safe
The circuit breaker may have ended, but COVID-19 continues to impact everyday life in Singapore, from the ubiquity of face masks (or face shields) to the continued closure of our beloved libraries and indoor playgrounds. While staycation deals are still on pause (though bookings seem to be available from September onwards), there are plenty of other offers in the meantime, from membership discounts to restaurant promo codes. Stay tuned as we continue to update this list! We’ve also rounded up some of our favorite online learning resources and offers.
Since more outlets and services are gradually coming back online during Phase 2, it’s best to bookmark gov.sg for a running list of what IS and ISN’T allowed on any given day!
Audible – the world’s largest producer of spoken word entertainment and audiobooks – has announced that kids can stream free for as long as schools are closed. This includes a massive selection of stories across six different languages. So if you’re working from home and could use a screen free break, mama, have the kiddos settle down for storytime (at a quick glance we saw classics like Winnie the Pooh, Peter Rabbit, and Harry Potter). Audible can be streamed for free on desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
Sentosa Island thankfully opened back up on 19 June (at least, the beaches, nature trail, and some restaurants did), and through 30 September (extended from June!) there’s free admission to the Sentosa Express, and cars can also enter the island for free (waiving the regular $6 toll).
Singapore River One – a collective of restaurants and hotels across Boat Quay, Clarke Quay, and Robertson Quay – has just introduced the SR Voucher, which offers up to a 30% discount off the voucher value (e.g. pay $70 for a $100 voucher). The SR Voucher is valid for a year after purchase, and comes in $20 denominations. We love that these can be used at a number of our favourite outdoor restaurants in Singapore!
Book Depository is offering up to 40% off select bestsellers and free shipping through 6 July 2020!
EstheClinic is our go-to for painless and effective hair removal. Now that beaches and pools are open again, it’s a must-visit! For a limited time their full range of body contouring treatments are 60% off. Click the link for deets!
EZ-Link has introduced a fun series of National Day ez-link cards developed in partnership with the Singapore Red Cross and the Singapore Kindness Movement. Besides getting cute limited-time designs, you can also feel good about the fact that EZ-Link will donate $50,000 in card sales proceeds to the Singapore Red Cross to support vulnerable communities including the isolated elderly, families in need, and persons with severe disabilities.
Flower Addict, one of our fave florists in Singapore, is still delivering throughout the Circuit Breaker. What better way to brighten your day (or that of a friend) than with a gorgeous burst of color and life? Use promo code ADDICTED to take $10 off your first order; just be sure to place orders well in advance because we hear business is blooming!
Local publisher Epigram Books is celebrating their founder’s birthday with a 20% off sale that runs through 12 July. Just use promo code HBD at checkout when you’re loading up on fab children’s books and all sorts of other Singapore-related literature!
Jewel Changi Airport is delighted to welcome back customers to its retail shops, restaurants and even the Canopy Park. To celebrate they’re offering perks like free one-hour parking (with a $10 minimum spend), $10 cashback with a minimum spend of $80, and the ‘Save 2xGST’ promotion where GST is absorbed plus you get another 7% off with a minimum spend of $30.
Do you have KrisFlyer miles expiring? There’s no better time to head to KrisShop, which is offering up to 60% off on over 400 deals ranging from beauty, to electronics, to toys and homewares, with free shipping on orders $50 and above. Plus KrisFlyer members will earn 1.5 KrisFlyer miles for every $1 spent.
Our Art Studio, a great online source for arts & crafts supplies, is offering free delivery for orders over $150, as well as a 5% discount with no minimum spend when you use the promo code OAS5OFF.
Scribolo, which makes maybe the coolest coloring sheets we’ve ever seen (they’re Singapore-themed!), is offering Sassy Mama readers a 10% discount. Just use promo code SASSYPERK at checkout; they offer free delivery in Singapore and also ship internationally!
Grammi is a new online grocery, restaurant and drinks concept from Michelin Chef Beppe De Vito. Grab yourself a 10% discount with the promo code GRAMMI10.
Marina Bay Sands has announced that five of its most popular celebrity chef restaurants – Black Tap, Bread Street Kitchen by Gordon Ramsay, CUT by Wolfgang Puck, Mott 32, and Yardbird Southern Table & Bar – will re-open to diners on 27 June! MBS’s other popular dining outlets will progressively re-open throughout July; also keep an eye out for the all-new Gourmet Takeaway platform, which will launch on 4 July with dishes from all of MBS’s best eateries.
Oddle Eats is a new personalised food directory featuring over 500 restaurants in Singapore. The highlight is that you can order directly from restaurants without middlemen or hidden costs.
PastaMania is always a kid crowd-pleaser; for the month of July they’re offering 20% off ALL pastas every Monday to Thursday, from 2-5pm. This applies to takeaways and deliveries, too!
In addition to free entry, Sentosa has a whole range of restaurant deals this summer, including heaps of 1-for-1 offers. Our top pick: 1-for-1 gelato and a free main course with three mains purchased at Coastes, one of our fave outdoor dining restaurants in Singapore!
While staycations in Singapore are not officially sanctioned yet, we successfully test-booked various stay dates in August and September at all of the below hotels. Note that stays will be subject to government rulings, however.
Four Seasons Hotel Singapore has a staycation deal offering families 12% off regular rates when they stay two nights or more, plus daily breakfast for two. As a bonus, kids under 5 eat free with a paying adult at One Ninety, one of our fave spots for brunch and afternoon tea in Singapore! Click here for more deets!
The Fullerton Hotel Singapore has a Family Glamping Package that include take-home child-size bathrobes for the kiddos! They’ll also get to enjoy spending the night in sleeping bags while parents will get a complimentary Fullerton Merlio cocktail and in-house spa offer!
InterContinental Singapore has a Family First Staycation deal that’s available all the way through 30 December 2020 and includes a second interconnecting guest room at 50% off. Families will also get breakfast for two adults and two kids at Ash & Elm and kids under 12 stay and eat free (with a selected menu). You’ll also receive 20% off the total bill at Ash & Elm, Man Fu Yuan, and The Lobby Lounge!
Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa has a “Family Retreat” offer from $350++ per night, including a family stay in a Heritage Suite for 2 adults and 2 kids, including daily breakfast, free parking, a complimentary Sentosa Express ticket, and one family activity of choice including either the Cable Car or and S.E.A. Aquarium pass for a family of 4 (that’s a really good deal!). Be sure to use promo code FML when you book!
Marina Bay Sands has a “Sands Getaway” staycation package priced from $379++ that includes $40 off nightly rates, one $75 credit per stay with your Sands Rewards LifeStyle membership, 1-for-1 cocktails at Adrift, 10%-15% off spa treatments at Banyan Tree Spa, and complimentary entry to Sands SkyPark Observation Deck & Infinity Pool. Oooh, that’s almost worth the price in itself! The offer is valid for stays from 1 August to 23 December and must be booked by 31 August 2020.
PARKROYAL on Beach Road has “Fun-Filled Family Weekend Getaway” staycation deal, available on weekends through 31 December 2020. The offer for two adults and two kids includes breakfast, complimentary children’s activities (everything from Wii gaming, to sand art, to free popsicles by the pool!), late checkout, complimentary parking, complimentary mini-bar, and – ideally for parents! – 25% off spa treatments at St. Gregory. There’s only a one-night minimum stay, too!
Raffles Singapore introduced a “Suite Life” package that includes two nights’ accommodation with upgrade to a spacious and beautifully appointed Courtyard Suite, along with a S$100 net Hotel Experiential credit that can be used at all Raffles-operated restaurants and bars, Raffles Spa and Raffles Boutique, plus an additional 15% off discount at all of those outlets. The Suite Life package is priced at $795++ for two nights and is valid for stays from 15 July through 30 September 2020.
Regent Singapore has a fab “Family Fun” Staycation deal that includes a complimentary connecting Premium Room just for kids with a tent, games, and kid-friendly amenities (can you say “bath bombs“?!). Kids will also find a milkshake station from 3-5pm each weekend by the pool and fams will get special access to indoor play at nearby Club Coco Nut (just $15 per child). Other perks for parents include complimentary breakfast at Basilico for two adults and two kids, and a picnic basket to take along to the Singapore Botanic Gardens for some nice outdoor family bonding. The package is valid every day of the week through 31 December 2020, though some kids’ activities only happen on weekends. Rates start from $320++ per day.
Ritz-Carlton Millennia Singapore has a “Ritz Kids Night Safari” staycation package (from $550 per night, including edible kids’ amenity and a fun safari tent for kids to sleep in) that’s available through 30 December 2020.
Hooray, the kids can finally leave the house! Check out our list of exclusive promos and discount codes just for Sassy Mama readers:
- Camp Asia is a firm favourite on the summer camps scene; use promo code SASSY10 for a 10% discount off fees!
- Coding Lab is 10% off all online classes for children 7 to 18 with promo code UNITEDWECODE.
- The Creative Square Company‘s entrepreneurship camps for kids ages 10 to 16 features promo code Sassy10.
- Karate Nation is offering 5% off its martial arts camps for kids ages 4-12 with promo code #Sassymama.
- Maker Camp has lots of fun robotics, LEGO and coding camps for kids. Mention Sassy Mama to get 10% off camp fees!
- Newton Show camps are a blast for kiddos with fun, hands-on science experiments. And Sassy Mama readers get 10% off!
- Nullspace Centre for Robotics Learning has all sorts of coding and robotics camps for kids from the age of 6. New parents signing up for the first time can get 10% off with promo code Sassy2020!
- ProActiv Sports offers a huge range of sports camps for kiddos aged 3 to 12; use promo code #Sassymama for a 10% discount, plus get additional referral, sibling, and multi-camp discounts!
- Tribe Kids Virtual Ukulele Bootcamp offers fun at-home music and singing for kiddos, and the first 100 customers to quote promo code SASSY10 get a 10% discount!
- ArtScience Museum opens back up on 1 July (with limited admission), but in the meantime they’ve got heaps of online resources including craft tutorials (every Friday fortnightly), Online Talks and performances from musicians and performing artists on the third Thursday of each month.
- NParks’s Gardening with Edibles initiative sends you a free gardening kit with seeds to grow your own veg! Sign up to redeem FREE seed packets for your household and check out the NParksSG YouTube channel for useful how-to videos!
- KidsSTOP Singapore has cool, helpful weekly instructional videos (20 in total!) with its online series Science o’Clock Junior: Pepper’s Lab.
- National Library Board has weekly virtual storytelling sessions for children in English, Malay, Chinese and Tamil — check Facebook for more details.
- Playeum has a free 45-minute session every Friday at 3pm on Instagram, where kids are encouraged to take charge of their own maker projects at home!
- Science Centre Singapore’s fun and engaging Little Footprints Fun STEM Kit is available for the bargain price of $5 for 4-8 year olds to make at home.
- National Gallery, Singapore has created a dedicated kids’ website, Gallery Kids where you can explore paintings from around Southeast Asia, listen to tales from animated storytellers and make your own (digital) splat paintings with My INK-credible Adventure inspired by Yeo Shih Yun. You can also take a virtual tour of the gallery’s collections through Google Arts & Culture.
- SRT’s The Little Company has introduced its Playhouse of Theatrical Activities online with fun weekly ideas and activities for kids. There are lots of activities drawing on characters and scenes from SRT’s past productions! Cut out stick puppets, download colouring sheets, check out drama games for older kids, be a journalist for a day and more!
- Find even more fun stay-home activities here to stay stimulated and engaged this summer!
This list will be updated as more information becomes available; please let us know if you have an offer to add!
Lead image via Wildlife Reserves Singapore. Marina Bay Sands image via Facebook.