With our Workout of the Week series, please welcome super-fit mamas Vanessa and Amanda from Momentum Bootcamps to take you through a series of easy exercises you can do anytime, anywhere with nothing more than your own sweat and bodyweight. Let’s get moving!
Whether you’re living in the tropics or hitting up a tropical island for a holiday, you’ll likely find yourself poolside.
Before you’re tempted to settle into cocktail hour and lay like broccoli in the sun, Ness from Momentum Bootcamps encourages you to get active with these aqua-fit inspired moves. This workout is definitely tried and tested as Ness hit up Phuket last week!
Thanks to the buoyancy of water, you’ll be strengthening your muscles and improving your cardio fitness without subjecting your body to additional wear and tear. This type of resistance training it’s perfect for all ages, genders and especially for clients returning from injury or expecting Mums (though you are best to avoid the Get Ups).
Try completing 3 rounds of this workout and you’ll be rocking your swimsuit with extra confidence.
When you’re back into the swing of things in Singapore, remember to take advantage of Momentum Bootcamps free trial; they conveniently boast 15 sessions across 3 locations in Singapore (and growing)!
- Drive one knee all the way to the surface of the water and then exchange for the other.
- Your arms will also be powering through the water as you aim for speed and knee height.
- Complete 50 reps.
- With your back close to the wall, hold on to the edge of the pool with both hands.
- Lift your body out of the water and then lower it with control.
- Your feet stay connected to the pool wall.
- Complete 20 reps.
Tip: Keep your elbows pointing directly behind you (rather than flaring out to the side) to isolate your triceps.
- Prop yourself up against the pool wall or on a pool step. Start with your legs straight out in front of you and then tuck your knees into your chest.
- Hold for 2 seconds and then extend your legs back out.
- Complete 50 reps. These tuck ins may look super easy but your abs will definitely feel the effects!
- Holding on to the edge of the pool, kick your legs like your life depends on it for 20 seconds and then rest for 5 seconds.
- Repeat 4 times. When done correctly your quads will feel like they’re on fire! You’ll love it.
- Facing the edge of the pool, push your body up and out of the water until your arms are fully extended beneath you.
- Control your arms as you slowly lower your body back into the water.
- Complete 12 reps.
Tip: Try not to use your feet by jumping to get out of the water. Isolate and use your upper body strength.
Now it’s time for cannon balls and split jumps with the kids!