Jamie’s “proper” picnic makes a super kid-friendly lunch box meal
If you’re a fan of Jamie Oliver (like us) and his restaurant chain Jamie’s Italian (at VivoCity and Forum) in Singapore, you’ll be happy to know how simple it is to make his delicious kid-friendly picnic box.
1 piece Wrap
75g Chicken breast fillets (or 30g cannellini bean puree)
15g Baby gem lettuce
10g Chopped red pepper
10g Chopped cucumber
20g Cottage cheese
25g Vegetable crisps
1 packet Mixed dried fruits
1 Shake-me Salad
Ingredients for Shake-me Salad:
15g Carrots, cubed
15g Cucumber, cubed
15g Red bell peppers, cubed
15g Baby gem lettuce, chopped
Ingredients for salad dressing (Optional):
2mL Balsamic vinegar
3mL Extra virgin olive oil
1. Skew the chicken breast fillets and brush very lightly with olive oil, then chargrill until cooked to 75 ̊C.
2. Take a piece of foil the same size as a piece of gingham paper and put one piece of gingham on top.
3. Take the wrap and backspoon the cottage cheese over it, top with shredded gem, red pepper, cucumber and chargrilled chicken (or cannellini bean puree), then tuck the ends of the wrap in and roll up.
4. Place the wrap on top of the foil topped with gingham and roll up then slice on an angle.
5. Place a piece of cartoon paper in the base of the picnic box and fill with the wrap, the apple, the crisps and mixed dried fruits.
6. To make shake-me salad – layer up the vegetables in a jar/container, building layers of colour and height. Serve with dressing, if preferred.
And that’s it. All the best mamas!