With our Workout of the Week series, please welcome super-fit mamas Vanessa and Amanda from Momentum Bootcamps to take you through a series of easy exercises you can do anytime, anywhere with nothing more than your own sweat and bodyweight. Let’s get moving!
Recently, 20 fit and fabulous clients from Momentum Bootcamps hit up Sentosa beach for a half day retreat that consisted of a high intensity boot camp followed by a tranquil yoga practice, and ended with everyone feeling they had abs of steel, after an hours worth of paddle boarding and belly-ache laughing.
The retreat was a huge success and one that will be repeated on Friday, 24 May, with the addition of boxing to the awesome line-up of activities.
If you would like to get in on the action next month, please contact Ness and Amanda here.
Enjoy this take away workout from Momentum’s Beach Body Blast Workout
- Complete each exercise for 60 seconds followed by a 15 second break.
- Aim to complete 3 to 4 rounds.
Walking Prisoner Lunges
- Place your fingers behind your head and pull your elbows and shoulders back.
- Step forwards with one leg into a lunge by bending your front knee and dropping your back knee to just above the ground.
- Return to the starting position by pushing back up with your front leg.
- Kneeling or toe plank.
- Alternate raising a leg for 30 seconds if you have the core strength and stability.
Squat or Squat Jumps
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Start by doing a regular squat, then engage your core and jump up explosively.
- When you land, come down as quietly as possible, which requires control and stability.
- Sit on the sand with your hands planted just behind your back and legs bent, feet in front of you.
- Raise your hips up slightly so that only your hands and feet are now in contact with the ground.
- Once you’re in this position, you then want to “walk” backwards up a slope of sand or 10 m distance (your triceps will be on fire) and then run back to your start position.
Soft Sand Running
- Identify a landmark that’s 100m away from you and run 4 lengths of this distance as a finisher between rounds.