Find out about the 10 key things to look for in a Chinese-English bilingual education programme at the free virtual talk by Canadian International School
Raising children to become fluent communicators in Chinese and English is definitely a challenge, but something many parents in Singapore are aiming for. If you are keen to find out what makes for an outstanding Chinese-English bilingual programme, listen up! Canadian International School (CIS) will be hosting a free virtual open morning with Huali Xiong, CIS Chinese Language and Bilingual School Principal, as she shares ten essential factors to consider when choosing a Chinese-English bilingual programme for your child.
Canadian International School is one of the pioneers of bilingual education. Its Chinese-English bilingual programme – one of the first of its kind in international schools in Singapore – has been around since 2014. CIS students have also steadily outperformed all other students in Singapore in the Youth Chinese Test (YCT).
CIS Chinese-English Bilingual Open Morning: What to Look for in a Bilingual Education Programme
So how has CIS achieved such great success in its bilingual programme? And what should you look for when choosing a Chinese-English programme for your child? During CIS’ free virtual open morning Huali Xiong will be addressing:
- Entry requirements: Does language proficiency matter prior to enrolling?
- Teachers: What experience and qualifications do they have?
- Delivery model: Which classes are taught in each language and how often?
- Teaching approach: Do teachers utilise direct instruction or teach through enquiry and exploration?
- Programme size: Why teacher-student ratios matter and what these numbers should look like
- Literacy and numeracy skills: What techniques does the school use to develop these skills?
- Track records: How long has the programme been running for? How successful has the school been in educating students to become fluent communicators in both languages?
- Homework: Is there support available, especially for non-native speakers?
- School commitment: Is the school’s senior leadership supportive and knowledgeable about the programme?
Where to Sign Up
If you are keen to know what you should be looking for in an excellent Chinese-English bilingual programme, sign up for the free CIS virtual open morning. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask any questions you may have and hear directly from students enrolled in the programme.
All the deets: CIS Chinese-English Bilingual virtual open morning
When: 25 November 2020, 10 – 11am (includes Q&A session).
Where: Online. Links to the virtual information morning will be provided upon registration
How much: Free!
RSVP: Click here to sign!
Slots are limited so make your booking ASAP so you don’t miss out!
Canadian International School
Lakeside Campus, 7 Jurong West Street 41, Singapore 649414, Tel: (+65) 6467 1732,
Tanjong Katong Campus, 371 Tanjong Katong Road Singapore 437128, [email protected], Tel: (+65) 6345 1573,