Say a big ‘thank you’ to your helper at our family fun event coming up on 8 September at Australian International School
For the third year running, Sassy Mama is delighted to celebrate helpers and say a big thank you for all that they do to support our families each and every day. As we mentioned when our original event started in 2016:
Helpers allow women in Singapore to fully participate in the work force. They give us the ability to spend quality time with our children while alleviating stress about household chores. They feed us. And so often, they do this while leaving behind their own families so they can financially support them as best they can. It is such a tremendous sacrifice that many of us personally might not be able to handle.
It is a truly happy, wonderful event – a definite highlight on our annual calendar – and a rare opportunity to make helpers feel incredibly special. Whereas in years past we presented individual helper awards, this year we’ll be doing things a bit differently, with some seriously awesome goodie bags for all the helpers in attendance, heaps of fun activities, and over a dozen fabulous door prizes. And it’s all FREE for you and your helpers!
This year’s celebration will take place at Australian International School, which offers a globally focused, distinctly Australian approach to international education, with both IB and Australian curriculum options for babies and children from 2 months to 18 years. The event will be held in The Hive, one of many state-of-the-art spaces in AIS’s amazing Early Learning Village; prepare to come and be truly wowed, mama!
Thanks to our many generous sponsors and event participants, here’s all the FREE fun you, your helpers and your kids can look forward to on the day, mama…
- A magic show with Rumple & Friends: These fab party entertainers are a hit with kiddos, offering everything from interactive games, to mini-discos, magic shows, and 13 unique characters like superheroes and fairies!
- Balloon Sculpting & Face painting with PartyMojo: A one-stop party planner for everything from kids’ birthdays to big corporate events, PartyMojo has parties covered with live food stations, even decorations, and of course tons of fun and engaging entertainment options.
Dedicated Fun for Helpers:
- Traditional Filipina and Indonesian Dancing: Foreign Domestic Worker dance troupe Higaonon Tribe Dancers and Indonesian dancer Novia Arluma (who wrote this absolutely beautiful essay for us) will perform and get the crowd involved while sharing their indigenous cultures.
- Bollywood Dance Class by Dance Embassy: You’ve never had so much fun, mama! Having trained over 10,000 adults and kids in Singapore, India and Europe, Lavania of Dance Embassy is all about helping people transform their lives through dance and fitness.
- Makeovers by N.syz, Suha Haris and Powderwowder: Treat Yaya to a makeover and watch her get Insta-glammed up for the day!
- Free painted portraits for helpers by Italian fashionista Alessia Landi. These painted portraits will make a super memento of the day that your helper can take home with them and relish!
- Photo Booth: Back by popular demand! Helpers can grab some fun props and snap a fun pic with their friends or employer’s families at the Sassy Mama/AIS photo booth!
No one will go hungry at this afternoon party! Mama fave The New Luncher will be on hand to provide nutritious and delicious light snacks, all part of their mission to serve fresh, healthy food to kiddos while educating them about the importance of nutrition. Veggie suppliers extraordinaire Avo & Co. will show you just what truly awesome fresh produce looks and tastes like (if you’ve been desperately seeking tasty tomatoes here in the Little Red Dot, this is a must!). Party Mojo, meanwhile, is sure to delight kiddos and adults alike with a free-flow popcorn machine!
And ice cream lovers, rejoice: Ben & Jerry’s will be in the house spreading peace, love and free ice cream! Not only are they super supportive of helpers and all they do for families in Singapore, but they apply the same ethos with their fairtrade ingredients, all of which are ethically sourced.
A huge shoutout to topnotch employment agency G&A Services for helping to sponsor our goodie bags. With over 30 years’ experience, and run with a personal touch by a father-daughter team, G&A is popular with employers and helpers alike for their warm, professional service, excellent retention and transfer rates, and fair fees. Contact them at (+65) 6235 6265 for more info!
We’d also like to thank K.C. Dat Balikbayan Express, a subsidiary of Asian Tigers (one of Singapore’s best moving and mobility companies — seriously, check out their rave reviews online, mama!), which is sponsoring both goodie bag and door prizes. K.C. Dat offers dedicated freight service and guaranteed door-to-door deliveries to any destination in the Philippines, along with free box delivery and pick-up. The Balikbayan Box is a unique and time-honored Filipino tradition for sending gifts home to family in the Philippines.
Goodie Bags will also include:
- Beauty and wellness goodies
- Super yummy Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix courtesy of General Mills
- $10 Balikbayan Box discount voucher courtesy of K.C. Dat Balikbayan Express (Medium to Super Upsize only)
Aaaand, every family in attendance will score a $10 voucher from PartyMojo (score!).
Some of the fab door prizes we have lined up so far include:
- A Petite Fruit & Veg Box from Avo & Co. ($58 value)
- 2 x $100 vouchers from FittaActive, a homegrown brand that makes fantastic activewear with high-performance, moisture-wicking fabrics
- 5 x Balikbayan Box gift vouchers from K.C. Dat Balikbayan Express (3 small, 1 medium, 1 large).
- A free workshop and essential oils from My Pure Earth
- A Helper’s First Aid Workshop from First Aid Tuition
- A cash prize lucky draw (families have the option of donating at the start and one lucky winner gets to take home the pot)
- Plus heaps of other beauty, wellness and homewares goodies!
Our always wonderful partners AIDHA and HOME will be there, too, with information both for helpers and employers who would like to volunteer or get involved. These are tremendously worthwhile organizations that do so much to support foreign domestic workers in Singapore and we are so proud to have them be part of our celebration!
Financial services company AXA has generously sponsored our helper goodie bags. With life & health insurance, property & casualty insurance and other financial services, they’re a great fit for families in Singapore. AXA representative Cass Naomi Poh and Associates will be there on the day with lots of giveaways including free Personal Accident Insurance (to the first 50 to register), goodies like a travel umbrella and water bottle, and a lucky draw for a Family Hamper worth $100.
First Aid Tuition will be on hand to provide some basic First Aid demonstrations. Anne Greetham founded First Aid Tuition in Singapore back in 2009 with a vision to make First Aid and CPR easily accessible to everyone. Interactive courses covering First Aid and CPR/AED are available for parents, helpers, teachers, teenagers, and corporate teams. Everyone who signs up for a course at our event will receive a 10% discount!
Whether you’re after essential oils or want to learn how to make your own home cleaning products, you will definitely want to stop by the My Pure Earth booth, mama (we are huge fans of their all-natural home cleaning workshops and products!). They’ll be giving some demos on how to DIY using safe, everyday kitchen ingredients and they’ll be giving away FREE essential oils to everyone who signs up for a workshop on the day.
If there aren’t pics, it didn’t happen, right? Fortunately for us, the rad Picspirations Photography will be there to snap photos of all the fun. As a mama herself, Alexandria Neoh is ace at capturing a family’s special moments to create everlasting memories. Her newborn, child, and family photos are all super gorgeous and we can’t wait to see what she captures at our special celebration!
Aussie parent musicians BELDUO will be providing some tunes to keep us all bopping, too. After meeting in Sydney as teenagers, musicians Janna and Greg have reconnected here in Singers and we can’t wait to hear them!
On top of all that, our in-house videographer will be roaming around to capture all the fun families and helpers are having throughout the day. Check out our albums from years past for an idea of what to expect, mamas!
And if YOU have a business or organization and would like to get involved either on the day or by sponsoring a prize or goodie bag, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Be sure to RSVP in the form below, mamas. We would also love for you to submit a photo of your helper and your kids, along with a sentence or two about why you love her. These will be digitally displayed at the event. Please submit to email@example.com.
What: Sassy Mama Helper Appreciation Day
When: Saturday, 8 September
Time: 2:30pm – 4pm
Where: Australian International School (The Hive), 1 Lorong Chuan, Singapore 556818
How much: FREE! Some food items will be for sale and there will be raffle tickets going toward a cash prize for one lucky helper!
Please Note: Due to an overwhelming response, registration is now CLOSED for this event. We can’t wait to see you on 8 September!