With our Workout of the Week series, please welcome super-fit mamas Vanessa and Amanda from Momentum Bootcamps to take you through a series of easy exercises you can do anytime, anywhere with nothing more than your own sweat and bodyweight. Let’s get moving!
This week’s workout works the whole body. By adding plyometric exercises to your workout you will burn more calories in less time. Since it only takes 10 minutes and no equipment is needed you can do it anywhere — so no excuses, mama!
- Warm up first with 5 minutes of light jogging, jumping jacks and walking lunges.
- Perform as many reps of each exercise as you can in 60 seconds — taking breaks as needed.
- Beginners: start by doing each move for 30 seconds followed by a 30-second rest period.
- Take a 1 minute break after each round. Complete a total of 3 rounds.
- Cool down with three to five minutes of stretching.
1. Jumping Lunges
- Stand with your feet hip width apart. Take a large step with one of your feet. Sink down into a lunge, forming right angles with both legs.
- Spring upward, with both feet off the floor switching positions with your legs so your other foot is in front.
- Land and sink down into another lunge.
- Alternate your legs again, to complete one rep.
- If your knees give you grief, take out the jump and do alternating lunges.
2. Staggered Push Ups
- Having your hand positioning staggered works different muscles in the chest and arms.
- Start in a plank on your knees. Move one hand out to the side in a wide push up position (elbow goes out) while your other hand stays close to your body in a tricep (elbow goes back close to body) push up position. Bend both elbows, lowering your torso toward the mat. Straighten your arms to return to plank. This completes one rep.
- Switch your hand positions
3. Plank Jumps
- Begin in a plank position with feet touching.
- Pull your abs in, and jump your feet to the right bringing your knees toward one of your elbows. (Your torso will twist to this side).
- Jump your feet back to plank, to complete one rep.
- Repeat on the other side and continue alternating sides.
Lead image sourced via Pinterest