Feeling anxious about your very long to-do list to get ready for the Christmas holidays? In the name of self-care, we share five secrets to get through the festive season without the usual stress!
The holidays, although exciting, can also be a stressful time for most mums. After all, most of the holiday prep (researching and buying gifts for the whole family, planning meals, decorating the house, organising entertainment, the list goes on) falls on your shoulders. There are a million and one things to do so the family can have a holly, jolly Christmas together! Us mamas have to look out for each other, so in the name of self-care we share ways to make your life easier in the lead up to the festivities.
5 secrets to get through the festive season without the usual stress:
1. Get your gift shopping done early AND within budget!
Christmas comes with Secret Santa gift swaps with friends and gift wishlists from the little ones. You need to get present shopping done for the whole family, as well as on behalf of Santa and all that shopping makes a dent on the bank account. It’s no wonder that overspending is one of the biggest causes of stress over the festive season! Instead of running around the island with a big to-do list, sit back and let Santa’s little helper, Amazon.sg, do all the hard work for you! Arming yourself with an Amazon Prime membership ($2.99 a month) could be the easiest (and cheapest) act of self-care you do this season – it will open the door to a stress-free Christmas giving you access to these cool tools that will help you stay on budget:
- Holiday Gift Guides: Filter thousands of gifts for your squad, husband and kids, in-laws and parents and even your pets based on your budget or the giftee’s interests and hobbies. There’s also a cool function to search for items that come with a gift-wrapping option (that’s one more thing off your list!) so you can just pop it under the tree once it arrives.
- Discounts, deals & promos: Get excited about a plethora of exciting promos and early-bird discounts before you jump into Amazon.sg’s upcoming Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. There’s a whole month of unmissable discounts – think 20% off household and home improvement purchases, up to 35% off beauty buys, up to 45% off baby goods and toys and up to 50% off gaming and electronics. You can add the items to a wish list or cart as you browse, then simply check out when you are ready.
- Amazon vouchers: Use these to keep your spending low, too – browse through their voucher selection, clip the ones you want and apply it at checkout.
- Amazon eGift cards: perfect for when gifting teachers or that someone who is too hard to choose for! Choose a festive e-gift card design or design a customised one with your own photo or video, then set your preferred value and you’re good to go!
- Brand days: Want more exciting deals? From 12 to 25 November 2021, you can shop a range of exciting deals with Brand Days. On each day, various brands such as Apple, Phillips, Ninja, Asus, Vichy, Epitex and more will run special offers on selected items.
2. Let the kids unwind
Parents aren’t the only ones in dire need of a break. Children have had a hard year, too, with repeated HBL measures and disruptions in their learning. Now that the holidays are right around the corner, why not let your kids unwind with a wide range of toys and books to keep them entertained during the holidays? Start by:
- Browsing through Amazon.sg’s selection of toys, where you’ll find puzzles, collectables, plushies and outdoor toys, games and construction toys to satisfy your kids.
- Picking up a Christmas-themed storybook such as Dasher by Matt Tavares. Or look through 17 million book options to invest in young adult reads, Singlit, bestsellers and more!
- Hitting up the new Amazon STEAM store for all things STEAM-related so your little one can have fun learning critical thinking skills at the same time.
3. Meal planning and same-day grocery orders in one place
If you’re the type of party host that makes everything from scratch, then you know how important it is to get the right ingredients for your meal prepping. Amazon Fresh delivers fresh groceries from vegetables to organic meat as well as dry goods, within 2 hours! You can even #supportlocal this holiday season and shop from the expanded local selection of fresh food. Check out the shoppable recipe page full of holiday meal ideas and festive cocktail suggestions to take the stress out of planning a celebration meal. We LOVE the special feature on Amazon.sg that allows you to add items to your cart after you have hit purchase – this has saved us many times!
Enjoy various savings and discounts from now until 29 November 2021! During this promo period, buy two get an extra 15% off ice cream, beer, wine and spirits and more. Better still, customers who are new to Amazon Fresh will get an additional $15 off a minimum spend of $60 in a single receipt – just use promo code FRESH15!
4. Less time holiday planning = more time for family fun
Now that the kids are finally going on Christmas break, why not make use of your Amazon Prime membership to catch up on some family-friendly shows? Make family movie nights a regular affair with kid-friendly movies on Prime Video – our current favourites include LEGO Marvel Superheroes: Avengers Reassembled, The Gruffalo’s Child, and Amazon Original programming like The Kicks, Kung Fu Panda: The Paws of Destiny, Just Add Magic! and more. Or bond with your kiddos via Amazon Prime Gaming, which has plenty of free in-game loot, a free Twitch subscription and a selection of free PC games that are redeemable every month.
When the kids have gone to bed, sit down with your spouse and enjoy a barrel of laughs in the new Amazon stand-up special, Black Friday The Show. Featuring two of Singapore’s most popular stand-up comedians, Sharul Channa and Rishi Budhrani, the special is made exclusively for Amazon Singapore, and is yet another testament to their commitment to support and promote all things local. Alternatively, have a browse through Amazon.sg’s Hobby storefront, which has plenty of fun inspo if you’d like to try your hand at crafting, baking, games, music and photography or other new hobbies with the whole fam.
5. Consider a relaxing vacay
Thinking of taking advantage of Singapore’s VTL arrangement with the USA? Then sign up for the Amazon.sg Black Friday 2021 #FlyMeToUSA giveaway! All you have to do to win a pair of return flight tickets to explore the USA – and Amazon’s city of origin, Seattle – is to shop for at least one item on Amazon.sg’s Black Friday sale from 26 to 29 November 2021. Then, post a funny #throwback travel photo on your Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #BlackFridayAmazonSG #FlyMeToUSA between 22 November – 3 December 2021. Don’t forget to make it public! Lastly, like the post and tag one other account in the comments section. 26 lucky shoppers with the funniest posts will be selected as the winners!
6. Spread holiday cheer by giving back
One of the best ways to practice self-care is to connect with others, and a great way to do that during this season of giving is by helping those who are in need. Use the Amazon X Shop for Good Wishlist feature, where various local non-profit organisations such as Singapore Children’s Society, New Hope Community Services, SADeaf, Willing Hearts, The Food Bank Singapore, Singapore Red Cross and more have stored their Amazon wishlists filled with items they need most. All you have to do is purchase items from their respective wishlists, and all your purchases and donations will benefit Singapore’s underprivileged children, low-income families, and vulnerable communities.
Another great way to give back is to support local businesses. Amazon.sg makes this easy to do as they are firm supporters of the #supportlocal movement. To shop for cool products such as eye massagers, baby carriers and other must-haves, check out Amazon.sg’s Shop Local page.
That’s not all your Amazon Prime membership can do! In fact, from now until 31 December 2021, Prime members can enjoy unlimited free local and international delivery with no minimum spend and enjoy free, ultra-fast, two-hour delivery on an array of items such as toys, gifts, household products, everyday essentials, electronics, and more.
Want to know more about Amazon Prime membership? Click here to sign up or start a 30-day free trial!
Amazon Prime, www.amazon.sg/prime