Social Media

back

Your Weekly Calendar: GEMS World Academy Open House, Singapore Writers Festival 2016 and more for your events calendar!

PlayPost Category - PlayPlay

Looking to give your events calendar a boost, mama? Check out our roundup of the most fun for you and the kiddos over the next 7 days; it’s all here in Your Weekly Calendar!

singapore-writers-festival-for-families-2016

Singapore Writers Festival 2016

For the first time, Singapore Writers Festival’s awesome family component, Singapore Writers Festival for Families (SWF³), will offer events for little ones as young as 18 months old. Out of more than 60 SWF³ events, all but five are FREE! From bilingual storytelling sessions, to craft activities, to musical performances and writing workshops, there is SO much to get young minds whirring, mama! 

When: Friday, 4 November – Sunday, 13 November
Where: Multiple locations. Be sure to check out the full list of events for all the info, along with this handy map of event venues.
How much: Mix of free and ticketed events. All the deets via the link below, mama!

Click here for more details!

gems-world-academy-singapore-open-house-2016

GEMS World Academy Open House

Come along to GEMS World Academy (Singapore)’s Tuesday or Saturday Open Houses to find out more about their balanced education (sports, arts, academics), core values, pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 curriculum, and extra-curricular activities. You’ll get the chance to meet with their Education Leadership Team to find out more about the outstanding learning opportunities available to the international student community, and take a guided tour of their lovely campus!

When: Weekly on Tuesdays (November 8, 15, 22, 29; December 6, 13, 10am – 11.30am) and Saturdays (November 12; December 3, 9:30am – 11am)
Where: GEMS World Academy (Singapore), 2 Yishun Street 42, Singapore 768039
How much: Free! As places are limited, please register here to secure your spot.

Click here for more details!

singapore-un-women-committee-buy-to-save-2016

Singapore Committee for UN Women’s Buy To Save 2016

Affordable high-end designer threads and guilt-free shopping in one place? Yes, please! Singapore Committee for UN Women and Club 21 collab to make it possible at their annual Buy To Save event. 80% net proceeds from the sale will support the Singapore Committee for UN Women’s advocacy against gender-based violence, including outreach through the Help Anna campaign and Her Justice workshops in Singapore, while the other 20% will help support UN Women’s Safe Cities Programme in Manila, Philippines.

When: Friday, 4 November – Sunday, 6 November, 10am to 8pm
Where: Forum The Shopping Mall, Basement 1 Atrium, 583 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238884
How much: Free!

Click here for more details!

dia-de-muertos-singapore-2016

Dia de Muertos Singapore 2016

Celebrate the Day of the Dead right here in Singapore! For one day only, the arts and music fiesta will feature collaborations between leading Singaporean and Mexican artists and musicians, as well as family activities and mouth watering Mexican cuisine. A fun, fab learning experience for kids and grown-ups, alike!

When: Saturday, 5 November, 3pm – 10pm
Where: kult kafé, Emily Hill, 11 Upper Wilkie Road, Singapore 228120
How much: Free!

Click here for more details!

 

camp-kilo-commoner-creatures-parthiban

Camp Kilo x Common Creatures Artist Market

Expect a day of artful fun with a flea market featuring brands like Forest ChildSelva Foods and Unusual Felines. Also, catch local artist Juls (the first Singaporean to design a Swatch watch, how rad!) in action, as she paints a mural on one of Camp Kilo’s walls and puts her art prints up for sale.

When: Sunday, 6 November, 2pm – 7pm
Where: Camp Kilo Charcoal Club, 66 Kampong Bugis #01-01, Singapore 338987
How much: Free!

Click here for more details!

happy-tails-book-launch-singapore-november-2016

Happy Tails Launch Night

Enjoy a glass of wine and some nibbles with photographer (and former vet) Sandra Macheroux, while viewing beautiful photos of the adopted dogs she has taken and selected for sale. Her photo book will also also be on sale and signed by Sandra herself, who’ll give a short talk about the project and the amazing work the funds raised will be put towards. Stay on for a blind auction to make a bid for your favourite Happy Tails photograph!

When: Wednesday, 9 November, 6pm – 9pm
Where: FairPrice Antique , 315 Outram Road #01-10, Tan Boon Liat Building, Singapore 169074
How much: Free!

Click here for more details!

Brought to you in partnership with Singapore Writers Festival and GEMS World Academy (Singapore).

more sassy mama

What's New