1 – 10 October 2021
The annual KidsSTOPTM STEAM Festival is back for its third year with hybrid programming! Some activities are free plus we are giving 20% off on-site tickets when you visit (scroll for deets!).
The theme for this year’s festival focuses on building a more sustainable world, and little eco-warriors can look forward to an array of engaging hands-on STEAM challenges, parent-child activities plus children’s and educators’ workshops. This year’s programmes are suitable for children aged 3 to 6 years, and will take place online, at KidsSTOP and at Marquee. Here’s what to expect:
There are two complimentary activities that will take place live on Science Centre Singapore’s Youtube page. Young Intertidal Explorer by Young Nautilus lets kiddies explore the intertidal shore and learn more about the animals that call it home. I Spy with My Eyes by KidsSTOPTM will see the KidsSTOPTM mascots go on a search for missing glasses while sharing fun facts about the human eye and optical illusions.
Immersive Sensory Theatre
Be immersed in a sensorial experience with Rangers Win and Jo as they attend to an injured hornbill named Billy. Through participatory play, children will help save Billy and his home from habitat destruction. This 45-minute, multi-sensory play is suitable for children of all abilities and will include pre- and post-show hands-on activities. Participants will also get a complimentary take-home kit afterwards!
Onsite Activities at the STEAM Play Yard
There are eight different activities to try at the STEAM Play Yard, each offering unique approaches to STEAM learning while exposing children to sustainability and its impact on the planet. These activities will run from 2 to 10 October 2021 in two timeslots – 10am to 1pm or 2pm to 5pm. Here’s are eight ways kids can learn and play at the STEAM Play Yard:
– Boat Race: Children will have fun racing boats that use renewable energy.
– Animal Artefacts Interaction: Let your mini-me get up close with taxidermied marine animals and discover how to protect marine life.
– Kinetic Art: This art jam session lets kids create art with a motion machine, all while using recycled household items.
– Nature Prints: Children will decorate their own reusable tote bag with nature’s best colours.
– Airplane Engineer: Budding aviation enthusiasts will learn how to make their own aircrafts while learning about green aviation practices.
– Glider Plane: Little ones will repurpose craft materials to design their own glider with Strawbees
– Garbage Band: Got a music lover at home? Let them make music with unconventional musical instruments by connecting garbage to a circuit.
– Robot to the Rescue: Little ones can clean up trash and keep things spotless by programming the robot!
Families of four can use promo code FAMILY to get a 20% discount on tickets. The promo is valid for two adults and two children. Children will also get a complimentary post-festival kit worth $55!
Disclaimer: This is an external event not owned or managed by Sassy Mama. Always check with the organiser for changes or cancellations before heading down.