Celebrate World Bee Day with Science Centre Singapore and learn all about these amazing creatures with a host of videos and activities on the website.
• Bobbing Bee: Using papers around the house and some strings, create your own flapping busy bee.
• Shadow Buzz Story: What goes around a bee’s life? With the shadow templates and any light source around your house, snap a picture or record a video of your bee’s story!
• Let’s BEE Searching: Many plants depend on bees for pollination, and without bees, we may not have a lot of fruits, vegetables and nuts! Can you find the plant crops in the sea of letters?
• a-MAZE-ing Bee: There are many obstacles that bees have to overcome to obtain nectar and pollen from flowers. Help this bee find its way to the flower!
• A Bee-utiful Life: Want to do some art & craft? Learn more about the life cycle of a bee by creating your own Life Cycle Wheel!
• Hidden in the Hive: Besides pollinating our plants, bees provide us with many useful products. Can you find 5 items that contain products of bees?
• BEEhold, it’s honey! (Science o’Clock episode): What is something sweet, sticky, and the favourite food of Winnie-the-Pooh? In today’s special episode, we are celebrating World Bee Day by learning about the properties of honey!
• BEE Our Friend: Facts on Bees (ISawTheScience Article): How much do you know about our busy little bees? Read on to learn 12 facts about honeybees.
• Un-BEE-lievable Hexagons (Video): Learn about the wonders of this seemingly simple shape used in beehives!