The Easter Bunny will soon be on his way! To celebrate, I planned to make some Easter party favours for Baby M to bring to her school party. I’d been searching for some cute little baskets to hold baby snacks, however, most of the ones I came across were in light brown. Since I wanted one with all the Easter colours, I found some nice coloured paper and decided to weave my own basket instead! You can weave baskets in any size you want and in any pattern you desire. Instead of spending money on craft paper, you can also use recycled paper bags or old newspapers!
How to make an Easter Woven Basket
What You Need:
- Patterned paper (I used paper sponsored by Prints here)
- Clothing pegs
What To Do:
1. Cut paper into strips of 1.75 inches. I used 17 strips in this example. The larger the basket, the more strips you will need.
2. Fold all strips lengthwise into thirds.
3. Weave 6 x 6 strips to form the bottom of the basket. Glue corners to secure. Use clothing peg to help hold them in place.
4. Fold the rest of the strips vertically to form the walls of the basket.
5. Weave five strips around the walls.
6. Use glue to help secure the steps in place.
7. Trim just enough to cover up the top strip.
8. Bend the strips that are in the inner layer outwards and glue them on the top strip. Use a clothing peg to help secure.
9. Bend the rest of the strips inwards and glue them on the top strip.
10. Congratulations, you have your very own Easter paper woven basket!
Happy Easter, mamas!
For loads more cute, clever and crafty ideas, check out the SweetP website!