Hitting the slopes this winter, mama? Before you strap on the ski boots, get yourself kitted out with DirectAsia’s hassle-free travel insurance.
For lots of us, Christmas just isn’t Christmas without snow-capped mountains, vast blue skies, the wind in our hair…and apres ski. Whether you’re a pro on the slopes or a newbie, make sure you plan ahead before heading out on the snow this Christmas.
With DirectAsia’s 7 fab tips – and their comprehensive travel insurance (which covers the usuals of medical and travel-related expenses plus emergency medical evacuation, travel delays, extreme sports, theft, loss and more) – you’ll be covered for every unexpected turn.
Tips before you go
- Trying to impress the kids with your skills could end in a holiday marred by (avoidable) injuries. Even if you’re a seasoned skier. Choose DirectAsia’s 5-star quality travel insurance and you can opt for the extreme sports cover benefit.
- We like to look the part on and off the slopes, right mama? But it also pays to have the techniques to match. Sign up for a lessons (or a day’s refresher) to help you build your skills while your kids do lessons too and enjoy your holiday a whole lot more.
- Take lots of R&R. Thankfully, most resorts now have spas attached to them – especially if you’re travelling to Japan. Take advantage and recharge at the end of a hard session. You don’t have to tell us twice!
- If you’re a regular skier, you’ll know how quickly weather conditions can change. The last thing you want is a bad day for snow sports and kids with cabin fever. Plan your accommodation so that there are alternatives if your plans head south.
- Take a photo of receipts for your mobile phone, watch and other personal items. If they’re damaged while you’re away (when you’re taking the perfect snow selfie, for example) it makes it easy to claim for them. DirectAsia will reimburse you for loss or damage to personal items, up to the maximum coverage limit of $5,000 in total (for valuables: $500 max per article or set of articles) with proof of purchase.
- Read the small print. Don’t assume your insurance covers you for all your activities. Especially if they include off-piste skiing and snowboarding. Luckily, DirectAsia offers coverage for off-piste adventures when led by a licensed guide.
- An annual insurance plan can save a lot of time and hassle. Especially if you’re a frequent traveller. DirectAsia’s plans cover different zones. You can choose between Worldwide coverage or just Asia. So there’s the perfect plan for you, wherever your favourite destination is, mama.
Enjoy your holiday more
On top of the medical and travel-related expenses you’d expect to be covered, DirectAsia handles medical expenses (including hospitalisation) up to $500,000 under the TR500 plan, emergency medical evacuation, travel delays and cancellations, extreme sports and activities (as an optional benefit), theft, loss and damage to personal belongings, car rental excess, disability… the list goes on.
This all means you can have a memorable family holiday, without the what-ifs.
With the extreme sports option, an annual plan from DirectAsia ranges from a remarkably affordable $474 to $656. And it’s easy to sign up. Simply visit www.directasia.com/travel-insurance and follow the links to get a quote. Or call them on 6665 5555 Mon-Fri, 8am-8pm and Sat 8am-5pm.