I have to confess, I absolutely dread organising birthday parties — I feel so much pressure for things to be Pinterest perfect, that it doesn’t really combine well with my habit of leaving everything to the absolute last-minute. For my daughter’s 3rd birthday recently, having left all the organising to the very last minute, my only option was to hold the celebration in my living room, forgetting how crazy Singapore is in terms of needing to book in advance for everything! In desperate need of turning our living room into a pink, princessy space (yes, that was the brief!) I sought help from Sassy’s very own Party Guide (Part Two naturally as I had already screwed up on Part One: Where to Hold your Party!). I trekked to Mustafa for goodie bag tat, ordered a fab Mulan cake from Jo Takes the Cake and booked Dance with the Flo (as the idea of organising my own party games was enough to strike fear into my heart!). But none of the above helped me in my pink mission! So I turned to Red Carousel, purveyors of party prettiness and became such a fan that I wanted to share with you how fab this site really is…
What I popped in my (virtual) cart:
1. Hot pink tissue paper fans
2. A tissue tassel garland kit (this and the above had the most impact visually and on a pretty low budget too!)
3. Spotty napkins (pink again, yawn)
4. Pink chevron cups and dessert plates (I’d recommend ordering more than you think you need of these as I forgot how people lose track of their cups at parties and you burn through them quicker than you’d expect)
5. Tags and pink coloured baker twine for labelling the goodie bags (white bags sourced from Spotlight)
6. A scalloped hole punch which I had grand plans for but which I didn’t end up using for anything. I’ve assured my husband that is was an absolutely genius buy because…. well I’m a stationery addict… Shhhh.
What you can easily miss on Red Carousel is not only do they have items for sale, but you can also hire gorgeous accessories for a small fee so that you can put together beautiful table displays and not have to shoulder the expense of buying things.
Best of all for mama convenience? They deliver right to your door (as early as the next day!). I added some helium balloons from a party shop in Great World City, and BAM, pink prettiness done in the most low-effort way possible. With no My Little Ponies in sight!
p.s. Don’t worry – I put out rather more food than is on the table in the photos!! I’m not THAT mean a mama!