Looking for family-friendly Japanese food in Singapore? Kids love sushi, gyoza, crispy fried tonkatsu and slurpy ramen, so check out these go-to Japanese restaurants in Singapore at itadakimasu by PARCO for lunch or dinner
itadakimasu by PARCO in 100AM Mall on Tras Street has not just one Japanese restaurant, but 9 different Japanese restaurants all under one roof! Japanese food literally lines both levels 2 and 3 at 100AM mall which is just a 5-minute walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT Station, Exit A. If you are looking for affordable authentic Japanese food for the family, the choices are endless here with everything from ramen, to shabu shabu (hot pot), soba noodles, sushi, tonkatsu (breaded fried pork cutlets) and yakiniku (for grill-it-yourself meats).
itadakimasu by PARCO: find your go-to Japanese restaurant in Singapore
Many of the 9 Japanese restaurants at itadakimasu by PARCO offer a kid’s menu for children aged 12 years old and below. Some of our fave Japanese restaurants here include: Yakiniku Heijoen, which specialises in grilled Japanese Kuroge Wagyu beef and offers exceptional value on buffet meals for kids under 12. Here Sassy Mama readers can also get a complimentary mini-snack for kids. Menya Kokoro, Japan’s most popular and largest restaurant Mazesoba which serves up “mixing ramen”, a broth-less ramen that locals have dubbed “Japanese Bak Chor Mee”. Kids can eat half price ramen set here for $4.90. Yayoi is where to head for tasty healthy “Teishouku” set meals with nutritious 16 grain rice, plus a miso soup, main dish, side dish and other appetisers. Kids get a free vanilla ice-cream with every kid’s meal purchase! Meanwhile Numazu Uogashizushi is one of the few sushi restaurants with limited auction rights in the Numazu Fish Market in Shizuoka Prefecture, and is known for its nigiri sushi served with generous cuts of sashimi. Here kids will be happy with their new Kids Meal at $5.80 which comes with a juice and a scoop of ice cream. Plus you can’t leave out soft serve store Emma where kids will get a mini serve with a minimum spend at Menya Kokoro. Kids love the “gravity defying” soft serve made using premium Japanese milk for a rich creamy ice cream. You can turn these soft serves upside down and the ice cream won’t slip or fall – isn’t that the ultimate toddler dessert?
By the way, “Itadakimasu!” (pronounced itada-kee-mas) translates roughly to “Let’s eat!” or “Bon appétit”. Get the kiddos to learn this important Japanese word to say before you tuck into your family meal – we think it’s a fun way to introduce kids to the Japanese language.
Japanese food deals at Itadakimasu by PARCO on weekends
Every weekend from 7 March to 9 May 2020 the Japanese restaurants at itadakimasu by PARCO are offering complimentary deals for every family that dines here, including free toys or free ice cream, free kids ramen, and half-price kids meals. There’s even a Family and Kids Promotion at Ma Maison Kitchen (#02-11) so instead of just free stuff for the kids, the whole family gets something: for dad, there’s a glass of free beer, a scoop of free ice cream for mama and a free toy for your kid. Itadakimasu!
itadakimasu by PARCO Japanese restaurant deals:
1. Ramen Keisuke Tori King: Free kid’s ramen bowl with every adult order*
2. Saboten: Free kid’s meal with every adult order on Sunday*(valid until 3 May 2020. 50 sets per Sunday.)
3. Yayoi: Free vanilla ice-cream with every kid’s meal purchase **
4. Yakiniku Heijoen: Say “ITADAKIMASU Sassy Mama” before ordering and your kids between 3 and 6 years will get a complimentary mini-snack plus enjoy great offers on lunch buffet ($4.90) and dinner buffet ($6.25).
5. Gyu Jin: Say “ITADAKIMASU Sassy Mama” before ordering and your kids between 3 and 6 years will get a complimentary mini-snack plus enjoy great offers on lunch buffet ($4.90) and dinner buffet ($6.90).
6. Numazu Uogashizushi: New Kids Meal at $5.80 comes with a juice and ice cream.**
7. Ma Maison Kitchen: Free toy for Child, Free 1 beer for Dad, Free ice cream for Mum*
8. Menya Kokoro: Half price Kid’s dry ramen set with French Fries and Edamame at $4.90.**
9. Emma: Free mini plain Emma soft cone with minimum spend of $30 to include a kids meal at Menya Kokoro** limited to 100 cones a day
*for kids 10yrs and below.
** for kids 12yrs and below.
Terms and conditions apply for each restaurant please check with each restaurant for details.
If you are steering clear of crowded areas and busy shopping malls on Orchard, 100AM Mall makes a great alternative. Aside from the great selection of Japanese restaurants and bakeries, you’ll find popular Japanese grocery stores and value shops from Don Don Donki to Daiso. Plus there’s a FairPrice Finest, a couple of pharmacies, women’s apparel shops, TCM and aesthetic spas.
So next time you are planning a bonding family meal out, keep the Japanese restaurants at itadakimasu by PARCO in mind for family-friendly authentic Japanese food at great value! Itadakimasu!
itadakimasu by PARCO, 100 Tras Street, 100AM Mall Level 2 & Level 3, Singapore 079027, www.parcoitadakimasu.com
All prices stated are subject to service charge and 7% GST