Bursting with fresh spring ingredients, this quick, easy and healthy kid-friendly recipe from our friends at The Garden House Preschool is the perfect preschool lunch for fussy toddlers. Whether you serve it straight after cooking, or prepare it ahead of time and serve it cold, this versatile salad will have your little ones fuelled up and ready to play. Not to mention it’s also great to bundle up and have ready for your next playground picnic with the kids!
Warm Quinoa Salad Recipe
– ½ block of haloumi cheese
– Handful of chopped mint
– Handful of frozen peas
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– 2 cups of quinoa
1. Boil the quinoa according to packet directions and let cool.
2. While the quinoa is cooling, grill your haloumi in a small fry pan over medium heat until brown on both sides. Remove from pan, and once cool to the touch, slice into small pieces.
3. Add the olive oil to a medium sized saucepan over low heat.
4. Once heated, add the grilled haloumi, frozen peas, chopped mint, lemon juice, and quinoa and stir until heated through.
Voilá! It’s that easy mamas! Now sit back and be prepared to serve seconds to your kiddos who will no doubt be begging for more.
To learn more about The Garden House and their lovely preschool offerings visit their website or call them at 6469 9556.
The Garden House Preschool
20 Jalan Layang Layang, Singapore 598486
Tel: (+65) 6469 9556
Brought to you in partnership with The Garden House Preschool.