School holiday programmes aren’t just for children anymore. This year-end, People’s Association is inviting mum and dad to join its School Holidays Series, too! Plus find out how to WIN a parent-child Class Pass!
The year-end school holidays are finally here, but the kids are already bored of staying home and you’re at a loss for entertainment. That’s where People’s Association comes to the rescue with its School Holidays Series (SHS)! The initiative comprises a specially curated selection of school holiday programmes and holiday workshops for kids aged 4 to 12. Unlike other school holiday programmes, SHS isn’t just for little kids. In fact, many of the workshops and experiences on offer welcome both parents and children to participate together!
Something for everyone
There are 88 different school holiday programmes within SHS – 51 of these will take place entirely online while the rest will be taught in person. Many of the courses have been remodelled to include experiential learning for parent-child participants. This ensures that you have the same experience you would normally get from a community centre in the comfort of your own homes. There’s plenty of school holiday programmes to choose from, ranging from fitness to cooking, music, dance and drama, S.T.E.M and more. Mums and dads aren’t forgotten either, because there are nine parenting workshops for you. Need a recommendation or two?
- 3D Pop Up Book: This sensory-based holiday workshop shows kids how to create a woodland-themed pop-up book filled with cute animals and plants.
- Bollydazz Kids: Dance enthusiasts will learn choreographed Bollywood dance routines and play games.
- Coding for Kids: Kids will use block-based software like Scratch to build an interactive game, create electronic birthday cards and get a crash course at being S.T.E.M whizzes.
- Zumba®️ Kids Jr.: This school holiday programme is just one big dance party for energetic kiddos. They’ll get to let loose, be themselves and make new friends, all at the same time.
- Mindful Parenting: Parents will glean useful information about the importance of sleep and overstimulation, and pick up smart tips on developing a mindful family of your own.
Rediscover Singapore’s heritage
There’s plenty of local flavour to be found at SHS with its Xplore Local! offerings. The aim of these courses is to help little ones rediscover Singapore and experience its heritage, one holiday workshop at time. Go on a virtual tour of the Sha Zah local curry puff factory and see how the team has made curry puffs from scratch over the decades. You’ll get to purchase a taster bundle as well – a great way to support local Singaporean businesses.
There’s also an online tour of Jie’s Bakery, which is famous for its iconic rainbow bread, and you can ask its owner, Jimmy, about his age-old recipes and baking techniques. Alternatively, let your child get creative in the Miniature Clay Set workshop and learn about Peranakan heritage while making miniature kuehs using colourful, air-dried clay.
Affordable and easily available
Course fees for each of these school holiday programmes are never more than $40, which is particularly helpful if you’d like to enrol more than one child. And despite smaller class sizes and social distancing measures, you’ll always find a slot that suits, as there are more than 350 classes in total scheduled to take place islandwide.
10 lucky parent-child sign-ups will receive a class pass to one of their courses. Click here to sign up! You’ll also get a free PAssion Card with every paid course sign-up; terms and conditions apply.
Ready to enrol your child in PA’s School Holidays Series programmes? First, download the SHS e-brochure to check out all 88 courses and pick your favourites. Then, use the keyword ‘SHS’ to search www.onePA.gov.sg for these courses and register accordingly.
People’s Association, www.onePA.gov.sg