Ever tried making slime? We show you how with our ‘how to make slime’ video and no borax recipe with easy-to-find slime ingredients (for under $20)
Watch our how-to video on how to make slime, a great sensory activity for toddlers all the way up to older kids. Many slime recipes call for Borax which you’ll have trouble finding in Singapore so our recipe for how to make slimes contains no borax at all! This makes our slime recipe super safe and easy to make with kids. The best part is, we have located where to buy all the ingredients for slime in Singapore! You can make big batches of slime for well under $20 (for $16.55 in fact!).
If you are wondering how to make slime without borax, here’s the key. You’ll need a contact lens solution that contains Boric Acid in the list of ingredients. To make slime you’ll also need White PVA Glue, shaving foam (that’s how you make slime nice and fluffy) and Baking Soda.
How to make slime for under $20
Ready to make slime yourself? Scroll down for our no borax recipe for slime! Optional slime ingredients include colour and glitter but you can start making slime with just 4 ingredients. Scroll on for how to make slime with no borax.
How to Make Slime: No Borax Slime Recipe
This recipe shows you how to make slime with no borax.
Ingredients to make slime:
– 1 cup of White PVA Glue ($6.40 Chunbe 1litre glue from Popular)
– 1 cup of Shaving Foam ($6.30 Shaving Foam from FairPrice)
– 1 tsp Baking Soda ($1.35) from any baking shop
– 4-5 Squirts of Contact Lens Solution ($2.50 Buffered Saline Solution from Mee Mee Optics)
Total Price: $16.55
How to make Slime:
- To start making slime you’ll need a medium-sized bowl. Pour in 1 cup of white PVA glue.
- Then add 1 cup of shaving foam. This makes your slime fluffy.
- At this stage, you can add food colouring, glitter or paint to colour your slime.
- In the same bowl add 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Start squirting in some contact lens solution. Continue to mix and add squirts of contact lens solution until the mixture is no longer sticky and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
Check out our video above for how to make slime!
We hope you enjoyed our recipe for how to make slime – happy playing!
Read More: How to Make Playdough