Boost your kiddos’ talents with Discovery Camps’ fun, educational holiday camps for kids 3 to 12 years old (and grab a 10% discount code!)
School’s nearly out! If you aren’t going away for the school holiday what are your plans to keep the kids busy, learning and having fun during the school break? Don’t stress mama, we’ll let you in on a little secret that will give your kids a head start and solve all your grey hair problems (almost). Ready? It’s Discovery Camps holiday camps for toddlers as little as three all the way up to 12-year-old tweens!
Why Discovery Camps?
Discovery Camps run their kids holiday camps across the local and international school holidays with the winter season starting on 19thNovember 2018 and stretching until 4thJanuary 2019! What’s on offer? What isn’t?! Discovery Camps have something to nurture every child’s talents and interests, from art (practical and history of) to coding, making movies and getting to grips with numbers in Maths, as well as boosting English skills.
If your child isn’t ready to specialise yet, there’s the multi-activity camp for a healthy mix of educational, physical and creative classes including Sports, Drama, Music, Art and Zumba.And with three locations to choose from (with a bus service for the SJI International School location), and all food provided (by Michelin Star Chef Emmanuel Stroobant, no less) the camp game is strong here! They also offer three convenient locations at Novena, Marine Parade and Thomson.
Seriously, do these guys do programmes for mamas, too?
Discovery Camps to choose from:
- Multi-Activity, Ages 3 to 8: Crammed full of different activities to keep kids learning and having fun this summer. Multi-Activity is a balance of educational and creative classes including Sports, Drama, Music, Art and Zumba.
- English Explorers, Ages 3 to 8: Native English teachers develop your child’s English skills through fun interactive activities with a focus on creative writing, story comprehension, close passages, grammar and vocabulary.
- Actor’s Studio, Ages 4 to 8: This camp is perfect for building confidence! At the Actor’s Studio, 6-to-8-year-olds work collaboratively to rehearse and prepare a show for parents in the Black Box Theatre! Younger kids (4-to-5-year olds) perform a musical theme run by ABA Theatre Academy at SJI International. Impressive stuff!
- Art Studio, Ages 6 to 8: Do you have a wannabe Picasso? Join Art Studio where kids not only create art through different techniques such as drawing, painting, printing and pottery, they learn about the history of art and different artists.
- Lego Robotics – Ages 6 to 12: Encourage your child’s critical thinking skills with LEGO Robotics as they are exposed to science, engineering and maths. A hands-on learning experience with brainstorming, building and experimenting as they programme and bring their robots to life.
- Magic Maths, Ages 6 to 8: Boost your child’s problem-solving skills through interactive game and number exploration in Magic Maths! Focus during each week is given to addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, graphing, estimation and story problems.
- Code Academy, Ages 6 to 12: Does your kid love Minecraft or Roblox? Instead of playing games passively kids will design, code and publish their own game! Coding enhances kids’ critical and logical reasoning and, in the process, they become more effective problem-solvers!
- Movie Maker, Ages 6 to 8: Budding filmmakers will get to produce their own stop-motion animated film in Movie Maker! Characters and scenes are brought to life with clay and LEGO, then using digital photography and movie editing tools, they create their own animations.
Discovery Camps have one all-inclusive price of $595 per child, per camp and it’s super simple to book online with your credit card. The price includes:
– Camp fees Monday to Friday, 9am through to 3pm
– Early drop off from 8:30am so you can drop the kiddos on your way to work
– A healthy lunch, plus morning and afternoon snacks by Michelin Star Chef Emmanuel Stroobant, all cooked and delivered fresh daily. Sound tasty? You can check out a sample menu here.
– A Discovery Camps T-Shirt and all necessary suppliers (e.g. laptop for Code Academy or paints for Art Studio)
– Flexibility — you can change your dates up to 10 days before camp, subject to availability
You’ll find Discovery Camps at three convenient locations across the island:
Novena: #03-18 / #04-22 United Square, 101 Thomson Road, Singapore 307591
Parkway Parade (East Coast): Lorna Whiston Preschool, #07-05 Parkway Parade, 80 Marine Parade Road, Singapore 449269
Thomson: St. Joseph’s International School, 490 Thomson Road, Singapore 298191
Discovery Camps is offering Sassy Mama readers a 10% discount. Just use promo code DC10 CODE when you book online, mamas!
What are you waiting for, mama? Get booking and tell your kiddos to get ready for weeks of school holiday fun!
Brought to you in partnership with Discovery Camps