Everyone’s favourite Disney movie comes to life at Marina Bay Sands. If you haven’t seen it yet there’s only one week left (closes 23 Sept).
Your friends have raved about it and you know all the lyrics to Circle of Life, so if you haven’t gone to see THE LION KING by now then what are you waiting for? The World’s #1 Musical now in its final week at Marina Bay Sands Theatre, has won more than 70 global theatrical awards, and has been seen by over 90 million people worldwide. There’s only one week left to see the epic show The Lion King – go feast your eyes on stunning sets, hundreds of costumes and familiar tunes crafted by multi-award winning artists Elton John and Tim Rice.
Fun Family-friendly Facts
To get you psyched for the show, check out the list of fun facts below for the family to spot during the performance!
- The tallest animals in the show are the four, 18-foot exotic giraffes from I Just Can’t Wait to Be King. The two giraffes in “Circle of Life” are 14 feet high! Two actors trained in stilt-walking, climb 6-foot ladders to fit inside the puppets and mount stilts to cross the stage.
- The largest and longest animal in the show is the elephant (nicknamed “Bertha” by the backstage crew when the show premiered in 1997). At 13 feet long and 9 feet wide, the puppet requires four actors to carefully walk her down the orchestra aisle. When not occupied by the actors, the puppet can collapse down flat for convenient backstage storage.
- Worn like a back pack, Pumbaa the warthog is the heaviest costume weighing in at 45 pounds!
- Lighting Designer Donald Holder used nearly 700 lighting instruments to create the show’s lighting plot!
- There are six indigenous African languages spoken in the show: Swahili, Zulu, Xhosa (the click language), Sotho, Tswana and Congolese.
Get your tickets for the final week of this epic theatre show while you can – it must close 23 September!
The LION KING runs for approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, including a 20 minute interval.
Tickets start from just $65! For groups of over 20, contact firstname.lastname@example.org