If your kids complain of stomach aches regularly, taking probiotics can help build immunity and restore the natural balance of bacteria in the gut
Stomach pain is one of the most common reasons parents take their kids to the doctor, and while it’s worrying for you, mama, tummy aches can be difficult to diagnose. Here’s how taking an effective daily probiotic like Youguth can help.
What causes tummy pains in kids?
There are many reasons children can get stomach pain, including:
- Food intolerances
- Infections or viruses e.g. gastroenteritis
- Chronic disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Disturbance in the balance of gut bacteria
While the pain will often go away after a few hours or days*, it’s natural for you to want to seek a remedy to protect your kids from suffering.
Possible solutions to stomach aches
There is of course no immediate one-size-fits-all solution for tummy pains, but here are some tips that could help:
- Keep a food diary – This could be helpful in monitoring bloating and diagnosing food intolerances.
- Limit the use of antibiotics – Antibiotics are effective in killing bad bacteria, but did you know that they inadvertently kill the good bacteria in our gut? To counter this, consider introducing probiotics to your child’s diet during or right after a round of antibiotics.
- Boosting immunity – Immunity building is also key if you want to strengthen your child’s tolerance against viruses. Interestingly, research has shown that gut health is deeply linked to one’s immunity.
- Taking probiotics – By increasing the amount of good bacteria in the gut, probiotics not only counter the side effects of antibiotics and strength one’s immunity. It has also proven effective in reducing the symptoms of diarrhoea.
Finding the most effective form of probiotics?
You can introduce probiotics into your children’s diet in the form of food (like yogurt) or a supplement, which tends to pack more Colony Forming Units (CFU) for maximum impact.
Youguth, for instance, is a new probiotics brand now available in Singapore. With a dose of 100 billion CFUs, it is more effective than many other brands. Backed by 50 years of research excellence, Youguth is manufactured by the same company behind Korea’s best-selling LACTO-FIT. They developed a patented technology which produces proline probiotics, which are better able to withstand the harsh gut environment than coated probiotics (the more common form used by other brands).
It is even customised for each life stage, including a product just for tots called Child Strength Up, which contains unique probiotic strains, with added zinc and colostrum to promote stronger immunity in children. What’s more, it comes in convenient powder sachets that you can take with you daily. Its milky flavour and melt-in-your-mouth format means no cajoling is needed at the breakfast table!
Probiotics for the whole family
If you’re keen to find out more about the other three products in the range, Youguth has a highly effective probiotic blend for everyone in the family from tots, to seniors, to stressed-out busy parents. There are four different Youguth options ($55 per individual cylinder containing 30 sachets each) for different family members:
- For women: Lady Charming Up has probiotics with collagen and Vitamin C to maintain skin vitality
- For busy adults: Green Energy Up has probiotics with Vitamin B complexes and ginkgo biloba to give an energy boost
- For seniors: Silver Up has a specially designed blend of probiotics for those 60 years and above to promote bone health
- For kids: One-year-olds and older can take Child Strength Up to boost immunity
Try Youguth, order on www.youguth.com.sg today. Enjoy free islandwide delivery for a limited time only!
Shop at Youguth.com.sg and enjoy 20% off with the promo code: SASSY20OFF. From now till 31 Oct 2020, promotion is not applicable to the family bundle.
*If stomach pains persist it’s always best to consult your doctor who can do further tests.
Brought to you in partnership with Youguth Probiotics
(Image credit 1 and 2: Getty)