Your kid’s birthday party is near, who you gonna call? If you’re looking for a party entertainer who will have the kids laughing for an hour straight, you’d better call Captain Dazzle!
My eldest has had a big birthday party every year; we put on kids’ party games like pass the parcel, spend an obscene amount on a pinata and sweets, and attempt a themed cake. My littlest, not so much. Call it second child syndrome but this little one has only had a small midweek tea party for her birthday (with her big bro as the stand-in magician). Was she bothered? Not really but, #mumguilt. So when her 4th birthday loomed I decided to call in the big guns. Enter kids’ party entertainer and magician extraordinaire, Captain Dazzle.
With over 15 years of experience entertaining children of all ages from 2-year-olds to 12-year-olds+, Captain Dazzle really has every trick up his sleeve when it comes to keeping the kids happy. And when I say every trick I mean, every trick — yes, even a live rabbit that the kids will go wild for (don’t worry, there are special petting instructions to make sure he is well treated)!
Magic is the big draw here but Captain Dazzle also does juggling, puppetry, ventriloquism, balloon sculpting, pantomime and physical comedy! Captain Dazzle was Winner of the World Clown Association’s Best All-Around Competition in 2017 and 2018 and has been awarded the rare title of ‘Master Clown’, making him Asia’s first.
In short, if you are looking for a party entertainer with pizzazz, Captain Dazzle is your man!
Here’s what this mama loved about Captain Dazzle’s entertainment:
- First off, Edmund Khong aka Captain Dazzle is a delight to correspond with – he answers his emails promptly, provides ample information and he turns up bang on time (no grey hairs for you, mama!).
- Captain Dazzle is a popular magician on the circuit – you may see him at a few parties but he can change his act up (and even has a selection of different costumes that you can choose from) so that there’s new fun to look forward to even if the same kids have already seen one show.
- To keep things fresh Edmund also continually learns his trade as he travels to the U.S. or Japan every year to be tutored by his mentors.
- Captain Dazzle’s party entertainment is age appropriate (different acts for different age groups) and funny but doesn’t dwell on silly potty humour (an easy sell with 4-year-olds but cringey for parents and anyone else!)
- For older kids aged 9 and above there’s the option (instead of balloon sculpting) for a Mini-Magic Workshop to learn some fantastic magic tricks!
- To avoid kids in long sweaty queues Captain Dazzle offers the option of bringing some already-sculpted balloons, which is such a great idea, making for much shorter waiting times.
- Captain Dazzle manages the kids well – there’s so much excitement when he comes into the room and kids go wild jumping up and down and tugging on his colourful togs but Captain Dazzle never loses his cool and politely gets the kids to listen and behave.
- Captain Dazzle involves the birthday kid continuously so they feel special and important – it’s their big day, after all!
- We told Captain Dazzle that our son was the usual resident party magician and asked to include him, and Captain Dazzle brought a little magic trick for him to learn, too – such a thoughtful unexpected extra!
Most important of all though, was that the birthday girl was absolutely delighted with the show.
Captain Dazzle’s party packages normally comprise of a magic show with juggling, an appearance from the live rabbit, as well as another “pet” puppet, balloon sculpting and then cake cutting if you wish. There’s a different package for older kids.
Thanks again Captain Dazzle – we’ll see you again, same time next year?