Have fun with all things STEAM at CIS this February!
You’re probably pretty familiar with STEAM by now, mama, but in case you need a refresher, this global interdisciplinary teaching approach stands for Science, Technology, Entrepreneurship (or Engineering at some institutions), Arts and Mathematics. If you’re looking for a school that takes STEAM to heart, our friends at Canadian International School (CIS) are at the forefront of keeping these disciplines connected and closely aligned to prep students for real life experiences as they enter the workforce.
Mark your calendar for Saturday, 3 February, when you’re invited to the CIS STEAM Fair for a one-day event full of awesome STEAM activities, live music, carnival rides and more!
Look forward to fun and engaging STEAM activities, which will all demonstrate how the five disciplines are connected and encourage you to innovate, think outside the box and be creative. Some of the key activities include:
For Younger Kids
- Create ice sculptures using giant blocks of ice and food colouring
- Build a giant spiderweb city using twine in the Outdoor Discovery Centre
- Learn early math skills through water measurement in the mud kitchen
For Older Kids
- Develop an electronic device using snap circuits
- Create spirographs with drawbots
- Use special cardboard construction tools to build useful and imaginative creations like a bench or giant T-rex
- Learn code using a Sphero, a fun and engaging robot ball
- Pyrography – decorate wood and leather objects by burning a design on the surface with a heated metallic point
The CIS STEAM Fair experience would not be complete without a visit to the Global Bazaar. With over 50 booths selling everything from quirky gifts to clothing and jewelry, mamas and dads can even kick back and relax with a foot or shoulder massage from a qualified masseur from the Singapore Blind Society. This is definitely where we’re going to be!
Got questions? CIS’ Leadership Team and STEAM ambassadors will be around to answer any questions you may have about the STEAM programme. See you there!
All the details!
When: Saturday, 3 February 2018, 11am – 2:30pm
Where: CIS Lakeside campus, 7 Jurong West Street 41, Singapore 649414
How much: Free! Register here.
Canadian International School Lakeside Campus, 7 Jurong West Street 41, Singapore 649414, Tel: (+65) 6467 1732, www.cis.edu.sg
Brought to you in partnership with Canadian International School