When you’re a new mom, every day kind of feels like Monday. Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing my baby’s smiling face in the morning (it’s just about the only thing that makes me want to wake up before 10) – paired with her delightful chortles I’m almost (almost!) excited to get out of bed, sometimes. But all the same, man do I miss a good lie-in where there’s no to-do list running through my mind like a stock ticker.
With my very first Mother’s Day approaching, I’m eagerly anticipating what it will feel like (to my lovely husband: no pressure). Last week I got a pretty awesome sneak preview with an “Ultimate Day of Pampering” at the luxurious LS Philsophy Spa by Orchard Road. This special package geared toward over-stressed mamas includes all of the following:
- 60-minute LS Philosophy Original Massage: “a relaxing Swedish-based massage with a decidedly Eastern twist”
- 75-minute LS Custom Facial: “a classic facial customised to suit all skin-types, providing a gentle yet thorough deep cleansing, exfoliation, skin-type specific mask, and massage, to nourish, hydrate, remove impurities, and improve the overall appearance and texture of the skin”.
- 45-minute Shampoo Blow/Set: Professionally styled hair for all occasions.
In the interest of full disclosure, I had to skip the hair portion because I was short on time, but obviously there’s nothing better than capping off a relaxing spa day with a blow dry that leaves you looking and feeling fabulous. Even with just the incredible massage and facial, I felt like I floated through the rest of the day in a beatific cloud. And it was a Monday!
For me, there are two telltale signs of a good massage: one, it feels like your masseuse has four hands, rather than just two. My therapist, Nana, worked out all the muscle knots that come with frequently picking up an 11kg baby. Two, you are so relaxed you fall asleep during the treatment. Check! Even with the afternoon’s to-do list running through my head I couldn’t help but fall into a state of deep relaxation. (Babies are really onto something with those naps!).
While the facial may not have been quite so tranquil (extractions are part and parcel of a thorough facialist!), my skin’s been glowing ever since. Nana employed the spa’s high-quality, artisanal natural products, including a guava toner for oily skin (smelled as delicious as it sounds) and a cult status skin-perfecting cream, which is meant to work wonders on fine lines and wrinkles (my new best friend since I had the baby last year).
Afterwards I was treated to ginger tea and yummy pistachios (the spa sings their praises for improving cholesterol levels). It’s a clean, convenient ground floor space (no miserable elevator waits) just off Orchard at Scotts Road. The reception staff was lovely, Nana was outstanding – really I can’t find fault with any part of this stupendously relaxing afternoon.
And Sassy Mama wants YOU to experience it, too! We’ll be giving away an “Ultimate Day of Pampering” package for two deserving mamas on Facebook. Here’s all you have to do:
1) Make sure to visit our Facebook page to enter, then take a “Stressed-out selfie” and tag Sassy Mama.
2) Use the hashtag #SMstressedoutselfie and tell us why you could use a Mother’s Day pampering sesh (available anytime through 31 May).
3) Enter any time between now and 12pm on Friday 8 May. We’ll announce the winner that afternoon, just in time for Mother’s Day!
We’re not messing around – this package is worth $488, mamas! And just in case you’re a bit shorter on time (or you don’t win the contest), be sure to let your fam know that LS Philsophy is also offering a fab “Pamper Your Mother” package for the special price of $175 for two people. This restorative massage lasts 60 minutes and is available in a couple’s treatment room – bring a fellow stressed out mama or, if you’re feeling generous, let the hubs come along as well. This special is only valid through 31 May though so book pronto, mama. Bookings must be made in advance!
Here’s wishing every one of you a happy, relaxed, and stress-free Mother’s Day!
Opening hours: Daily from 10am-8pm