Teach kids how to do some GOOD this winter with a unique holiday camp concept all about saving the planet and having fun ( + a 10% discount)
The recent global protests spearheaded by climate activist Greta Thunberg and driven by passionate kids and students around the world showed us that children know what’s up, and are far more knowledgeable and dedicated to “thinking green” than previous generations.
Whether your kiddo is a Thunberg-in-the-making, or is just looking for a different kind of holiday camp during the upcoming school holidays, they’ll have tons of [zero waste] fun at Impressions Explorer Camp!
Going zero waste is a cause that’s near and dear to our hearts, and we think it’s SO cool that Impressions Explorer Camp is dedicated to teaching kids all about it so they can live sustainably from the start (unlike us mamas who’ve had to unlearn a lifetime’s worth of plastic dependence!).
Impressions Explorer Camp covers a variety of themes, all under the expert guidance of experienced instructors and camp workers trained in childhood education:
- Think Green Camp: Focusing on nature and exploration, campers will learn how to build a teepee, plant their own herb garden, develop wilderness survival skills, and explore the animals and wildlife found right around Dempsey.
- World Explorer Camp: With “passports” in hand, campers will “travel” to a different country each day, learning about different environments and cultures – and learning how to protect them – through art, music and movement, sport, storytelling, traditional foods and more.
- TECHATION Camp: Using STEAM learning, campers will use coding, robotics, 3D printing, web design and VR to tackle issues like renewable energy and the geography of water. This is the perfect camp for anyone who enjoys problem solving with technology, and emphasises innovation and collaboration.
- Camp Olympics: This is the perfect camp for high-energy kiddos and focuses on sports and mindfulness by giving them the opportunity to try out a wide variety of sports including soccer, basketball, rugby, hockey, handball, badminton and cricket. Kids will also learn about different sports played around the world, and will make some of their own sports equipment with recycled materials. There’s a well-earned wind-down yoga session at the end of each day, too!
- “Kids Create” Camp: Focusing on arts and creativity, this is the place where kids can get messy and have tons of fun doing it! Skilled and experienced instructors will guide them in creating artworks inspired by nature, famous artists, people, places and stories. Campers will have the chance to dabble in glass art, woodworking, clay modelling, recycled art installations and more.
- “Got Talent”: This camp is for anyone who loves to dance and perform. Kids will be introduced to a variety of dance genres – including hip-hop, Jazz and ballet – and will also design costumes, props and backdrops as they prepare to wow parents and fellow campers with a show-stopping performance.
All camps take a green approach by eliminating single-use plastics, encouraging campers to reuse their own utensils for meals, using recycled materials for most craft work, and engaging campers in a workshop on sustainability run by Nature Society Singapore. What a great idea!
Impressions Explorer Camp aims to teach each child to think creatively while taking the steps to achieve a greener future. Run in the beautifully lush surrounds of Turf Club Road, the camp provides plenty of opportunities to be outside appreciating nature.
Other stuff we love about Impressions Explorer Camp:
- Camps run Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm
- Breakfast, lunch and a snack are all included
- Door-to-door transport is provided (at additional cost)
- Each child will bring home their own personalised camp T-shirt
All camps all priced at $625 per week (except TECHATION, which is $680) – unless you’re a Sassy Mama!
Through her inspiring actions Greta Thunberg has shown us the amazing difference that one individual can make – and the exponential effect that takes place when kids join forces. Let’s all do our part to go green!
Impressions Explorer Camp, 100 Turf Club Road, Bungalow A, Singapore 287992, www.impressionsexplorer.com
Brought to you in partnership with Impressions Explorer Camp