National Geographic, in partnership with the Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI), is back with a #OurHawkerCulture photography competition, in support of Singapore’s nomination for Hawker Culture on the UNESCO Representative List of Intangible Cultural Heritage. The photography competition is an extension of the popular #WhatMakesSG collaboration, where an earlier photography contest garnered over 7,000 photo entries on what makes Singapore an exciting place to live, work and play in.
The #OurHawkerCulture Instagram photo contest invites Singaporeans and Singapore residents to share what hawker culture means to them through their photos; be it the diverse and delicious food options, communal dining experiences, or the rich history behind Singapore’s hawker food and culture. The contest, which runs from 17 December 2018 to 12 January 2019, will curate the best photographs that represent #WhatMakesSG Hawker Culture.
The contest will be co-judged by National Geographic Celebrity Chef David Rocco and Singapore’s Food Ambassador KF Seetoh, and features attractive prizes.
1. Take a picture that captures #OurHawkerCulture and what makes it an integral part of Singapore’s way of life
2. Follow @NatGeoAsia and @Gov.sg on Instagram
3. Remember to include the following (profiles/posts should be public):
– A caption with a minimum of 140 characters
– Hashtag #WhatMakesSG and #OurHawkerCulture
– Tag “@NatGeoAsia” and “@Gov.sg”
4. Winners will be notified via Instagram Direct
Chosen based on creative merit:
Grand Prize Winner: A trip for two to National Geographic Odyssey in New York City & $400 Food Panda Voucher
1st Runner-Up Prize Winner: DSLR camera worth SGD 1,500 & $300 Food Panda Voucher
2nd Runner-Up Prize Winner: Samsung smartphone worth SGD 1,398 & $300 Food Panda Voucher
Chosen based on most ‘likes’ and most creative captioning:
Popular Prize Winner: $1,000 Food Panda Voucher