9am – 2pm
Learning may not be as easy as ABC for preschoolers who are developing or at-risk of learning difficulties – early intervention is critical.
Parents and educators can make a big difference in a child’s learning journey. Learn effective and practical strategies to help your developing child from paediatricians, specialist psychologists, speech and language therapists and preschool educational therapists.
They will discuss a wide range of challenges faced by preschoolers, from behavioural to social-emotional competence; and their impact on academic learning.
Details of keynote talks and workshops:
· Keynote 1: Learning in Young Children: A Singaporean Pediatrician’s Perspective
· Keynote 2: Social-Emotional Competence in Preschoolers
· Workshop 1: Playing with Sounds: Strategies for Developing Phonological Awareness for Better Reading Success
· Workshop 2: Nurturing Social Smarts in the Early Years
· Workshop 3: Building Comprehension Skills for Preschoolers
· Workshop 4: Behaviour IS a Form of Language