2 – 5pm
Join the British Council’s first ever early childhood seminar and find out more about how technology has impacted every aspect of our lives, and how it continues to develop, shift and change at an incredibly fast rate. Children’s increasing use of technology has been well documented, with much debate over how healthy screen time is for children.
This interactive event will bring together a panel of technology and education industry leaders, who will offer an insightful and holistic view of the part that technology plays in a child’s world, and how to make the best of it. You’ll also have the opportunity to speak with early childhood experts around topics such as;
· Should children be exposed to technology at an early age, and if so, how much?
· How can parent’s best use technology as a learning tool for their child?
· What skills do children need for the future economy as the workplace evolves?
· Dr Jiow Hee Jhee, Assistant Professor of Health and Social Sciences, Singapore Institute of Technology: Sharing how parents can get the best out of children’s usage of technology
· Jay Thompson, Director of Educational Technology and Innovation, Dulwich College Singapore: Looking at how technology has transformed children’s education
· Abhilash Murthy, Founder of Bus Uncle – one of Singapore’s pioneer AI chatbot companies: Exploring what skills today’s children should build in order to flourish in a tech-driven world